Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Nail fungal infection, suspecting Onychomycosis. What should i do? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1559 Questions
User:hi my name is XXXXXXX
Doctor:welcome to XXXXXXX
User:i have some problem about my left handed nail
Doctor:sure, please proceed
User:my family doctor says its fungus infection
User:my nail is grow but not with my fingue skin
User:and yelowish grey colured
Doctor:so, he is suspecting Onychosis
Doctor:or Onychomycosis
Doctor:so has he suggested any treatments ?
User:then what i do
Doctor:Nail fungal infections are caused by microscopic organisms called fungi that do not require sunlight to survive
Doctor:Nails that are infected with fungus typically are thickened, brittle, crumbly, ragged, distorted, dull, and darker or yellowish in color.
Doctor:Treating nail fungus infections can be a long and expensive process. There are oral antifungal medications, topical ointments,
User:pls suggest any treatment
Doctor:these oral medications should be taken for 3-4 months , for complete clearance of the infection
Doctor:these medications are prescription based , and can be decided only by a doctors examination
User:ok tell me any docors address or ph no
Doctor:may i know where you live ?
User:worli mumbai
Doctor:give me a few moments
Doctor:Dr D G SAPLE, AT 88,Hindu Colony, Bhagini Samaj, 3RD XXXXXXX Dadar East, Mumbai - 0000 , PHONE 22-0000
Doctor:he is a dermatologist, who can give you a proper treatment
User:ok thanx
Doctor:You are very welcome
User:ok also one favour
User:my elder brother have eyes problem
Doctor:do u know exactly what the condition is ?
User:no sir
Doctor:then what symptoms does he have ? and how long does he have it ?
User:his vision is slightly blur & after testing & xrays doctor says some swell in eyes
User:pls sugges me any proper doctors
Doctor:how long does he have it ?
User:1 & half year
Doctor:what treatment have the doctors suggested ?
Doctor:first it should be known, if it is a neurological condition or a eye issue
Doctor:hence based on the exact information, i can direct you to a neurologist or a opthalmologist
Doctor:in some cases a combination of both doctors may also be needed
User:yes he take already treatment but tampararily he is fined
Doctor:sorry, Fined ?
User:after some days he returned facing problem
Doctor:do u have the medical reports ?
Doctor:if you can mail it to me, via email, i can have a look at it and advise you accordingly
Doctor:you can mail it to YYYY@YYYY with Attn: Dr XXXXXX in the subject line
Doctor:i shall provide my answers via Email
User:but today i dont have give your email id tmrrw i will send mial
Doctor:you can send it any time, when it is possible , no hurry
User:ok thanx
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor