Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Mumps treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1775 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hello, I just want to ask about mumps my husband got it
Doctor :   Ok
User :   its about more than a week and he is experiencing pain in his testicles, what can we do about it?
Doctor :   Since when did he have it?
Doctor :   Mumps commonly causes this infection.
Doctor :   He should take cold packs to the scrotum
Doctor :   He should lie down so that the scrotum is elevated
User :   he was given antibotics, antiinflammatory, antiviral and paracetamol drugs
Doctor :   He should continue taking the drugs as given and
Doctor :   follow these for local relief
Doctor :   He should take as much rest as possible
Doctor :   The pain killers should be continued
Doctor :   Is the pain present in both testicles
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor