Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Mons pubis blister - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
User :   I have a blister on my mons publis it started when I discovered I had gout as well as an acute vitamin d deficiency - any idea what might cause this?
Doctor :   hello
User :   hello
Doctor :   may i know your age and gender please ?
User :   I am 60 and a female
Doctor :   when did you first noticed it ?
User :   About 3 months ago I got the first one on the left side, during an attack of gout. At this time I found out that I had an acute vitamin d deficiency - the blister went away. About a week ago I got another one on the right side - very painful and swollen.
Doctor :   do you have any other medical condition ?
Doctor :   besides gout and vit D deficiency ?
Doctor :   like diabetes or high blood pressure ?
User :   I am diabetic, high bloodpressure, asthma and a vitamin B12 dificiency caused from malabsorbtion due to a long ago stomach surgery.
Doctor :   is your sugar and blood pressure under control ?
User :   I only mention the vitamin D dificiency because my doctor said he never had seen one so very low before - it was a 1.
User :   sugar and bloodpressure are under control by medication.
Doctor :   i see
Doctor :   is there any puss?
User :   No, it is just a yucky liquid that seeps out ocassionally.
Doctor :   have you applied anything over it ?
User :   A potato, don't laugh, my grandmother said to draw stuff out - to put a cold potatoe poltice on it and it would bring the poison out. So I tried that and it took the soreness out of it.
Doctor :   ok well yes its true home remedies do help
User :   I did not know what to put on it.
Doctor :   dont worry i will guide you here
User :   Good, because sleeping with a potato is not comfortable.
Doctor :   dont worry
Doctor :   to begin with ,you need to wash it regularly
User :   Which I do with an anti-bacterial soap.
Doctor :   thats good
Doctor :   now in this case since its a recurrent once, i will suggest that you should undergo antibiotic therapy so that this problem can be gotten rid of once and for all
User :   Ok
Doctor :   you do need to see a dermatologist for that dont worry it will be a 1 week course
Doctor :   and it will prevent the infection and provide you with immunity
User :   Ok
Doctor :   do you have any fever ?
User :   No no fever
Doctor :   ok well thats good
Doctor :   dont worry a antibiotic course will cause you complete relief
User :   Thank you so much!
Doctor :   your most welcome
Doctor :   take care
User :   You too
Doctor :   have a good one
Doctor :   bye bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor