Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Missed periods - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help u?
User :   i have a question
Doctor :   proceed
User :   i missed my period for two months and wen i went to the doctor all the tests came back negative
Doctor :   ur age/location/marital status
User :   but still no period, so then a few days later i saw some brown bleeding for 3days but barley enough for a pad
User :   20/XXXX /married
User :   now since then i've still been having symptoms and still no period
Doctor :   k
User :   and im wondering should i test again?
Doctor :   there can be many reasons for the missed period
User :   oh ok
User :   but everythings been fairly normal in all my routines and in my diet and exercise
Doctor :   A menstrual period is considered late if it is 5 or more days overdue according to the usual pattern of periods. A period is considered missed if there is no menstrual flow for 6 or more weeks.
Doctor :   missed period could be because of any of the following:
Doctor :   Pregnancy
Doctor :   Stress
Doctor :   Normal development
Doctor :   Hormone imbalance
Doctor :   r u there?

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor