Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Mild prostatic congestion, Urine analysis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Im 27yrs Old. I have this problem from many years. This happens once or twice a week. The tip of my penis gets stuck to mu underwear. When i try to loosen it, it pains a lot. I dont have any burning sensation while urinating. But occationally(not while urinating), sometimes i get pain( like a needle is pricked) in my penis.
Doctor :   from when you are having this?
User :   from 4 to 5 yrs..
Doctor :  
did you consult any doctor for this?
User :   no...
Doctor :  
when you think that the penis stuck to the underwear and hurts is a problem and it is from the past 4 to 5 years why you did not consult a doctor?
User :   well... initially i did not realize tht... afterwords... i was bit embrazzed to talk abt it...
Doctor :   apart from the penis sticking to the inner were what other problem you have?

User :   Nothing...
Doctor :   than this is not a problem at all
User :   why are you saying so?
User :   what do u mean? I was going through the net, i felt it this problem may be related to UTI... Dont you think so?
Doctor :   the stuff on the internet is for information and not for making a self diagnosis
User :   ok... In that case, why am i facing this problem, what might be the cause?
Doctor :   as i have told you previously also that it is because of the dried up secretion from the penis called precome
Doctor :  
which is secreted when there is sexual exicitation
Doctor :  
and if you feel you are suffering from UTI than get the urine examination done
User :   But doc, ihave noticed tht this happens even after i take bath. And while travelling to office on bike, i had this prob. In this situation, secrection of precum does not arise na?
Doctor :   not only sexual excitement even when there is stimulation to the penis in the form of pressure which i attribute to the bike riding and also the warm temperature this can happen
Doctor :   during bike riding you sit on prostate which also causes the secretion which is sticky in nature
User :   ok. But it happens onc or twice a week. Is it common? does it happen with others also?
Doctor :   may i know your age?
User :   27
Doctor :  
i like to ask few more personal details shall i?
User :   yes
Doctor :  
are you sexually active?
User :   Im single. Never had sex with anyone. I do masturbate once or twice a week.
Doctor :   ok

Doctor :  
do you have some sort of vage discomfort in the deep inside your penis?
User :   i did not understand?
Doctor :   as you said there is stickiness of the penis and also there is occasional pins and needles sensation in the penis
Doctor :  
do you have a dull pain kind of sensation on and off in penis?
User :   no. pain is not continious.... very rarely i feel like a needle is pricked...
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
did you ever got your urine examination done?
User :   no...
Doctor :   from the symptoms you have i dont think you are suffering from UTI.
Doctor :  
it may be because of the mild prostatic congestion which do occur commonly in the bike riders
Doctor :   but before coming to conclusion it is better to thave an urine examination done
User :   Ok thanks... But just for my satisfaction, can u pls recommend any kind of tests that i can get done?
Doctor :  
can yo get the urine examination done and report back to me with the results?
Doctor :  
the test you need to done is
Doctor :  
URINE ROUTINE - albumin, sugar, microscopy
User :   Ok
Doctor :  
blood urea and serum creatinine
Doctor :   these are the two tests
User :   Blood urea and serum creatinine, does these also come under urine test?
Doctor :   it comes in blood test
Doctor :   so one blood test and one urine test
User :   ok. How can i get in touch with you after i get the results?
Doctor :   i am available to chat at this same time everyday except monday. so when you come on chat you can ask for me.
User :   ok thank you. Can you recommend any particular place where i can get this tests done?
Doctor :   these tests can be done in any of the laboratries , in the nursing home and in the hospitals.
Doctor :  
if not no problem you can get the tests done in any of the nursing home near by your house
User :   ok. Doc, can you suggest any doc with whom i can meet personally with this problem?
User :   Just for personal satisfaction...
Doctor :   the specialist doctors who attend these kind of problems are physicians, urologist, nephrologist andrologist.

Doctor :   it depends on the problem which you have
Doctor :  
initially you can consult a physician
User :   Can u recommend any good doc in bengaluru? i am also located in bengaluru.
Doctor :   let the urine and blood test report come based upon the result i shall guide you what to do further and which doctor to meet
User :   Ok. Any other thing i need to keep in mind before taking this tests?
User :   Like before or afterbreakfast, i hv to take the tests?
Doctor :   no restrictions of any sort
User :   ok.
Doctor :   drink lot of water and go to the lab and collect the urine sample and submit it to the lab personell
Doctor :   they will take the blood sample also
User :   ok...
Doctor :  
thats it
Doctor :  
please fill the feed back form
User :   Doc, can i have your contact number?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor