Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Micro vascular decompression - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Hello doctor , My husband have been suffering from the hemifacial spasm for 8 year, and he is afraid to do the MVD , I read the the Catalyst thearapy might be helful for his case please help.
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   Hi doctor
User :   can you please help me with my above question
Doctor :   yes,
Doctor :   May i know has the cause of the spasm made out ?
Doctor :   i mean the exact diagnosis
User :   No specific cause
User :   it's a hemifacial spasm problem
Doctor :   ok,i agree its most of times its idiopathic
Doctor :   and may i know where exactly you are planning for catalyst therapy
User :   I read there is in India, this is the only place they cure the hemifacial problem, I didn't find other place
Doctor :   yes i do know about it , its in Kerala state if i am not wrong
Doctor :   it has few good results
Doctor :   you can try
User :   no it's in Gujarat
Doctor :   oh , ok
Doctor :   fine , you can take him for the same
User :   Ok Thank you
Doctor :   but the better results have been recorded with surgeries like micro vascular decompression
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor