Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Mentally upset about job life - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Anxiety and Stress
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
User :   HiI hate my job... I donno whether i ll be happy if i shift to another job... can u help me???
User :   Is this a serious problem
Doctor :   hi.
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here.
Doctor :   what problems are you facing at present? are they linked with your job?
User :   I hate to come to office
Doctor :   please provide your age, gender, location, height, weight, marital status, details of past medical illness if any.
User :   My work is not interesting
User :   28 yrs, male,, 174cms, 64 kg
User :   single
User :   no past medical illness
User :   my colleagues even though they r not much happy with the work somehow manage to do the work
Doctor :   do you have any medical problems related to your job? like headache, back pain etc?
User :   no headache
User :   no back pain
Doctor :   what symptoms are you having at present?
User :   am jus not happy to work
User :   and i donno whether change in the company would help
Doctor :   if you identify any stressors related to your work or office environment, you would require a counseling to help you adjust to situations.
Doctor :   in case these do not work out, you can opt for a place/job change
User :   i want to change my work domain completely but i have this fear of failure
Doctor :   please provide your occupation details?
User :   software engineer in bangalore working for a wireless mobile phone maker
User :   i tried making a short film... i enjoyed that process but even there i fear whether i ll get bored easily
Doctor :   if you want to change your work domain completely, you would need to discuss with a career counsellor
User :   i ve been in this software job for 2 years and i got bored of it now
Doctor :   along with a psychologist to help you find out what problem it is
Doctor :   and about help with coping with them
Doctor :   and overcoming them
User :   i want to change my work domain but i am considering my age factor
User :   and i think its late to start with something new
Doctor :   as said earlier, if you want to change your work domain completely, you would need to discuss with a career counsellor
User :   ok
Doctor :   about what you want to do and whether it will give you returns and satisfaction.
User :   should i consult a psychologist before that?
Doctor :   yes, it would help you better, since you will be in better position to handle stress and pressures
User :   psychologist or psychiatrist?
Doctor :   and be prepared to take on fresh chalanges
Doctor :   psychologist should be fine
Doctor :   *challenges.
User :   ok
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   can you give me a list of good psychologists in bangalore?
Doctor :   give me a moment
Doctor :   you can visit this link to locate a doctor in your area of choice
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   this is psychiatrist list i think
Doctor :   you can choose either psychiatrist or psychologist or psychotherapist.
User :   ok
Doctor :   first you need and evaluation to be done
Doctor :   which can be done by any of these
User :   ok
Doctor :   and then based on your requirement appropriate referral will be made
Doctor :   to help you come out of your problem
User :   ok
Doctor :   and take good decisions about your future along with discussion with career counselor..
User :   ok
User :   Thank you
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries. Please refer your friends to our service.
User :   ok
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor