Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Medicines for upper respiratory tract infection in a child - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   My 4 year old daugther is coughing alot today, i've just asked to look inside her mouth and her tongue has a greyish patch with lots of little red dots on, it doesn't look right?
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   D R XXX here
Doctor :   May i know the age of your daughter ?
User :   she is 4
Doctor :   Ok, is she running fever ?
User :   she doesn't feel hot, she's been fine other than this cough
Doctor :   Does she have running nose ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok, have you given any medication ?
User :   just some calpol
Doctor :   ok, along with calpol give syrp SINAREST one teaspoon three times a day after food
Doctor :   AVoid cold foods
Doctor :   make her dring only boiled warm water
User :   ok, what is it she has, just a sore throat?
Doctor :   CAn present with sore throat
User :   can she still go to school?
Doctor :   better avoid for 2 days, because she can get LOWER RESP TRACT INFECTION
Doctor :   Which wil present with severe cough
Doctor :   along with plegm
User :   Ok, thanks alot. Should i take her to see our GP?
Doctor :   Watch for the fever if it subsides with calpol and sinarest, let it go, if fever persists then rush to the GP
Doctor :   So that she can be put on antibiotics
Doctor :   Is there anything i can help you with ?
User :   No thank you
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting, kindly provide your feedback
Doctor :   bye for now, take care
User :   Bye and thanks agai
User :   again
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor