Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Medicine for alcohol de-addiction - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page.
Doctor :   Hi.
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   i need information regarding addiction
User :   alcolhol
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   What information in specific do you require?
User :   any medicine to leave alcohol
Doctor :   There are medicines which are used in severe alcoholics which when given produce intense vomitting and
Doctor :   discomfort whenever person takes the
Doctor :   alcohl
User :   my brother is daily drink 4 to 6 bottle
User :   please give me name doctor
Doctor :   One of them is Disulfiram
Doctor :   But these drugs are strictly taken under medical supervision
Doctor :   as the adverse effects can be very serious.
Doctor :   It cannot be administered by a lay man.
User :   can i give it in any form mix with water, tea, milk. food items
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   It might cause even death
Doctor :   if not given under supervision.
User :   he do not go to doctor shop
Doctor :   I suggest that you take your brother to a De-Addiction centre
User :   but he do not come
Doctor :   where they will give him the drug through intravenous route
Doctor :   Then it is not possible to give him the drug.
Doctor :   I suggest that you talk him into visiting a de-addiction centre.Doctor :   At least make him talk to a counsellor or psychiatrist
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor