Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Medications for viral fever in a child - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1775 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help u?
User :   hello
User :   My three year old daughter has been sick for three days
User :   fever, coughing, runny nose
Doctor :   pl explain in details
User :   May I give her over the counter childrens cough syrup?
User :   If so how much?
User :   There is no guide
Doctor :   well it seems that she has viral fever
Doctor :   which is quite common
Doctor :   Treatment of viral fever is purely symptomatic
Doctor :   Medicines are given to lower temperature
User :   she has a fever, and a consistent cough
Doctor :   Nasal decongestants may be beneficial.
Doctor :   OTC cough drops can be also given
Doctor :   r u there?
User :   I bought some childrens cough syrup/ aka tylenol. there is no dosing guide
Doctor :   check it out whether it can be used below 5 yrs
User :   consult a docter
Doctor :   yeah in case shes having very high fever

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor