Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Medication for fungal infection on scalp - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Hi.
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   Actually i have problem that is pimples will appear in my head then it becomes large and the hairs near that part will fall
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Since when are you having this problem?
User :   i think from last 2 years
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   so wat is the problem and the solution?
Doctor :   Have you consulted a dermatologist in the past?
User :   yes and he had provide some ointment but it did not work
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   You need to wash your hair regularly.
Doctor :   It appears to be a fungal infection.
Doctor :   Can you remember the name of the shampoo you used?
User :   again i went to the doctor then he suggested some shampoo so right now i'm using it
Doctor :   Can you remember the name?
User :   Scalp(not exactly)
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   You need to take an antifungal shampoo like Nizral.
Doctor :   You need to shampoo atleast twice a week.
Doctor :   You need to get a recheck up from a dermatologist.
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   Hi.
User :   hi
User :   sorry i was busy so i was not able to reply
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Have you received the advice I gave you previously?
User :   i am following the same thing but even then i'm facing the same problem
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Then you may have to take oral antifungals.
Doctor :   That is a prescription medicine and cannot be given online.
User :   means wats can u be clear
Doctor :   The medicine that is required for your condition is prescription based. These medicine may have many adverse effects and can be prescribed by a doctor only after physical examination. We cannot prescribe it online for your safety and other drug interactions. Hence we recommend that you meet a doctor in your area and he will prescribe it for you.
User :   Is this a major problem?
Doctor :   That cant be said without physically examining you.
Doctor :   As the problem did not respond to medicines previously.
Doctor :   Are you there ?
User :   So wat is ur suggestion
Doctor :   I suggest that you consult a dermatologist.
Doctor :   And follow his advice.
User :   Can u refer any good dermatologist
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age:Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   Age - 23, BA, Bangalore, Single, 5.85, 65kg, yes
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   You can use the search a doctor/hospital feature on our homepage to find a doctor in your area.
Doctor :   If you wish, we can fix up your appointment with a doctor in your area.
User :   ok thanks for ur advice
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
User :   Done
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor