Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Medication for Perthes disease - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   this is Dr
Doctor :   How may i help you today?
User :   Myself
User :   Sir I had perhes disease when I was 14
Doctor :   may i know your age, height , weight ?
User :   Still the pain persits sometimes
User :   26 now
Doctor :   Can you specify, whether it was PERTHES disease ?
User :   5 fit 8 inches,55 to 58 kg
Doctor :   So you have pain in your Hip ?
User :   yes..
User :   I used to wear a castfor like 10 months
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   So are the current Xray or MRI better ?
User :   I went to the same doc whe I was in college..
User :   he told the bone a staken proper shape now after the x-ray
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   So the bone is in its proper shape now...
User :   the pai startedlast week...since i walked longer
Doctor :   Inspite of this, your concern is that the pain is persisting. IS that right ?
User :   sometimes..
User :   after so many years it happens now
Doctor :   To Start, Perthes disease, is a degenerative condition of the hip joint, and the inner hip socket is damaged, and may have remnants of this damage
User :   what sould I do now..any kind of medications?
Doctor :   IF your current Xrays are normal, then try some pain killers like aspirin (disprin) ONLY WHEN you have pain. as long it is tolerable.
User :   ok..
User :   what about diet?
User :   I this normal case?
Doctor :   there is no involvement with diet
User :   ok
Doctor :   any case of arthritis, or innner joint debris will presnt like this.
Doctor :   If the pain is severe, intolerable, you will need to see your orthopedician, and get a MRI done to rule out any more damage.
User :   ok..
Doctor :   If there are debris in the hip joint, they need to be removed by a minor laparoscopic surgery, as the case may be.
Doctor :   BUT all this depends on the current status, and can be determined only after a physical examination.
User :   ok..
User :   thank u
Doctor :   Do you have nay other query ?
User :   no..
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me, here
Doctor :   bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor