Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Medication for Folliculitis on testicles - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2567 Questions
User :   well right to the problem i guess. I noticed on bump on my testicle about 2 weeks ago
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and it's sore half the time
User :   if you can web cam i could show you
User :   it's not red or white or anything
User :   just kind of a big lump thats sore
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   30
Doctor :   Ok
User :   should i like put ice on it or something
Doctor :   Do you see a swelling?
User :   it never got any bigger
Doctor :   Ok
User :   just sore and it's a little bigger then a normal bump
Doctor :   What is the color of the lesion?
User :   no color
Doctor :   You can send a pic
User :   maybe a little red cuz of irratation
User :   hold on
User :   i have a webcam
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Did you send it?
User :   kind of hard to take a pic
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i am now
Doctor :   Fine, you can send it later
User :   ok
Doctor :   I shall reply it back
Doctor :   Not a problem
Doctor :   even after this chat is over
Doctor :   I shall give you the opinion on the same
Doctor :   by mail
User :   thank you so much
Doctor :   For now, do not put ice or anything on it
User :   now i do have some acne and but idon't think it's that
Doctor :   you can Paracetamol plus brufen tablet combination
Doctor :   for the pain
Doctor :   if it is unbearable
User :   there isn't any pain
Doctor :   Fine
User :   just ichy a little sometimes
Doctor :   then no need of any medications
User :   thats normal i think
Doctor :   Have you taken any medications?
User :   lately i have sweated alot at work and i just thought i sat on them wrong or something
User :   I don't do drugs
User :   no medications
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   thats good
User :   what do you think of the picture
Doctor :   Do you remember of any injury to the area?
Doctor :   I got the picture
User :   Like i said if i remeber right i think sat down and my pants squished that part
User :   but 2 weeks i thought it would go away by now
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i got kind of worried now
Doctor :   it is like a folliculitis
User :   ifolliculitis is that bad
Doctor :   it is not a serious condition
Doctor :   since it has been 2 weeks already
Doctor :   it is good to get it examined once
Doctor :   and take the opinion
Doctor :   for the need of antibiotics
Doctor :   to clear the infection
Doctor :   Are you getting it?
User :   yes need antibiotics
User :   anything else
Doctor :   antibiotics would be helpful
User :   ok so i need anykind
Doctor :   Antibiotics like fluoroquinolones
Doctor :   mentioning a few like Ciprofloxacin, which should be taken after a prescription
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor