Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Medical advice on domestic violence - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   hello i need your help docotr
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   i am Dr xxxxhere
Doctor :   please tell me how can i help you?
User :   ok nice too meet you
User :   i have a problem is my husband abused me physically and verbally last two weeks and i am a student i am having fianls this weeks that i cant study for them so i do want to get an f
User :   i am really derpessed and i have anxiety
User :   and i have proof of what i am saying
Doctor :   i can understand your problem .
Doctor :   may i know your age please ?
User :   i cant say to the school that i just said i have family issues but they do not care
User :   30
User :   i do not know if is there any kind of letter that i am presented to the school
Doctor :   since how long this has been happening ?
User :   last two weeks
User :   he hitted my head badely
Doctor :   have you confided this to any of your family members and friends ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   have you told the authorities about this abuse ?
User :   no, cause i have a baby with him and i do not want him in jail i am thinking about divorce
User :   is more easier that court and jail
Doctor :   you need to be away from him
Doctor :   its not safe for you
Doctor :   is there any where you can go and stay ?
User :   i know that is why i do not need to lose my studies to support my self cause no one can do
User :   and the problem happen in the exam time
User :   so it is hard to move now
User :   also i have my parents visiting me from morocco
Doctor :   dont you have family near by ?
User :   no
Doctor :   are they aware of it ?
User :   yes
User :   they are so sick and sad
User :   what do you think docotor is there any solution
User :   are you there
User :   please cause time is ending soon
Doctor :   the only solution i can offer you is to stay away
Doctor :   for yourself and your baby
User :   no way to go now
User :   but what about the school and exams
Doctor :   you can go to a non government agency and they can help you
Doctor :   they can provide shelter and support
User :   ok
User :   but i can't live my parents now alone
User :   i need to wait untill they go back
Doctor :   its not safe for you to be in such a relationship where you are hurt
Doctor :   when are they leaving ?
User :   but is there any letter help to prove my axiety and heal problems
Doctor :   does your husband hits you in front of them ?
User :   with me now
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
User :   to school
Doctor :   then you can wait till they leave
Doctor :   and then you can move to a shelter
Doctor :   also
User :   yes that is what i am thinking about
Doctor :   Prepare for emergencies
User :   yes,
User :   but please doctor answer my question
User :   what about any thing help me with not having f on my grades
User :   i have finals this week that i cant study for
Doctor :   you have to move out thats seems the only option
Doctor :   Identify safe areas of the house. Know where to go if your abuser attacks or an argument starts. Avoid small, enclosed spaces without exits (such as closets or bathrooms) or rooms with weapons (such as the kitchen). If possible, head for a room with a phone and an outside door or window
Doctor :   your life is more important than grades
User :   is the 15 min ended or not yet
Doctor :   Contact the domestic violence/sexual assault program in your area. They can provide emotional support, peer counseling, safe emergency housing, information, and other services while you are in the relationship, as well as if you decide to leave.
Doctor :   not yet
Doctor :   you have time
User :   ok,
User :   thanks
Doctor :   your welcome
Doctor :   Domestic violence shelters generally have room for both mothers and their children. The shelter will provide for all your basic living needs, including food and childcare. The length of time you can stay at the shelter is limited, but most shelters will also help you find a permanent home, job, and other things you need to start a new life. The shelter should also be able to refer you to other services for abused and battered women in your community, including:
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor