Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Measures to normalize irregular periods - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I am 15 years old and have had my period for a little over 5 years. My cycle naturally runs on three months. (I'll go 2 months without bleeding, then bleed from anywhere from 3-6 weeks.) My bleeding is very heavy, and I begin to feel really dizzy each time I excercise, stand up, or move to much about halfway into the bleeding. I also get headaches and odd muscle spasms. What should I do?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hey...
Doctor :   Have you been evaluated?
User :   my parents won't take me to a doctor
Doctor :   OK
User :   my mom keeps telling me to wait...
Doctor :   Irregular cycles can occur in young girl.
Doctor :   It usually improves as you grow.
User :   yes... but I've stopped growing, and I've had it for five years
Doctor :   You can help yourself in making this process of normalization
Doctor :   Improving on your diet and being active.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor