Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Measures to increase height after 25 years of age - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1774 Questions
User :   hi
User :   doc!
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   how are you?
User :   I wanted to know if human stop growing at all after 25
User :   is there any way to increase height after 25?
Doctor :   ok
User :   ...
Doctor :   usually after the age of puberty
Doctor :   that is from 18 to 24 years the growing part of the bone
Doctor :   called epiphysis is fused
Doctor :   and it is irreversible
User :   ok ...
Doctor :   so the possibility of growth is not possible as such
User :   how do we know if it is fused?
Doctor :   it is the normal growth process of all the individual
User :   ok
User :   Can we do something to support the growth now?
Doctor :   this can be confirmed with the X- ray of the long bones
User :   ok
Doctor :   the growth of any individual after the fusion of the growth plate is not possible
User :   ok
User :   Thanks doc!
Doctor :   and as such there is no medicines available to increase the height of an individual after puberty
User :   ok
Doctor :   is there any thing else i can help you with
User :   no thanks
Doctor :   please fill the feed back form
Doctor :   Have you filled the feed back form?
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor