Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Measures for weight gain for an underweight person - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi iam 32 years old married man, my problem is iam under weight since marrige. after marriage weight reduced still. iam 47kgs now
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Can you mention your height?
User :   i dont have any other health problems. height is 5'2"
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems?
User :   no
Doctor :   You need to take a high protein diet with more
Doctor :   soya, egg white, pulses, beans, lentils
Doctor :   You should add a few tsfs of ghee or oil
User :   iam taking now Resource high protein powder with egg
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   That is yto be taken with Whole milk
User :   but i didnt see any weight gain.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   In addition to the protein powder
Doctor :   You should take whole milk, curd, nuts like almonds, cashews

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor