Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Means of increasing height - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   sir, my age is 21 and my height is 5.4 inches. how can i increase my height effectively in short duration. which medicines i should take and where?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries.

Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   i m sorry sir. now i m there
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
Weight gain can be achieced be good nutritious food, exercises and few medications.
Doctor :  
You can try B protein supplements
Doctor :  
A protein powder which is easily available in the pharmacy.
Doctor :  
Have you followed?
User :   can i b sure of increase of height ?
Doctor :  
May i know your age?
User :   21 years
User :   how long i have to prefer ?
Doctor :   Increase in the height happens maximum by the age of 18 years.
Doctor :  
The chances of increasing the height after 18 years are minimal.
Doctor :  
There are no other medical drugs available to increase the height.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
User :   yes sir. but in the market many companies launching their products.
User :   should i follow them?
Doctor :  
Yes, they are products which promise them. but the effectiveness of the products are not guranteed. You can try them if you want too.
User :   can you suggest me some best.
User :   or i should take only vitamin-b ?
Doctor :  
SInce the effectiveness of those is not clinically proved yet. I would prefer you to try natural means by proper diet, protein supplements and multi vitamins.
Doctor :  
If there is still growth spurt left in the bones which is unlikely there can be height increase seen.
Doctor :  
Have you followed?
Doctor :  
As i said there is minimal chances, you can try this for 3 months period. If there is no improvement, then you can stop the supplements,
User :   ok sir . thank u sir for the guidelines you suggested me. i will take what you are suggeting me.
Doctor :  
You can continue the proper dioet though.
Doctor :  
Do you have any other query>
Doctor :  
Please fill in the feed back form too.
User :   no thanks sir. thank you very much sir.
Doctor :  
Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor