Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Male pattern baldness and its treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Hair Loss
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi.
User :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you ?
User :   My hair fall is very high
User :   what to do?
Doctor :   Do you have any dandruff or scalp infection ?
User :   no
Doctor :   Does hair loss run in your family ?
Doctor :   are you losing it from the front or the center ?
User :   front
User :   I am getting bold head
User :   In family means, my mother is 55 years old
Doctor :   does your father , brothers have similar hair fall problem
User :   It will be common at that age for her
User :   My brother too facing the same problem
User :   But for him he will travel in the city by wearing helmet
Doctor :   This is a typical male pattern baldness and there's not much that you can do about it except to take precautions and medicines.
Doctor :   You will need to see a Dermatologist / Trichologist for this. He may recommend you medicine like Mintop 5% but it has to be prescribed by the doctor after examining you
User :   ok
User :   So I need to consult trichologist
User :   Nothing can be controlled with proper diet
Doctor :   Please confirm your email id. One of our doctors will get back to you with some suggestions on this matter
User :   yes it is correct
Doctor :   and referring you to the specialized hair loss portal portals
User :   oh is it
User :   Thank You
Doctor :   Thanks. Hope that you will be
Doctor :   able to control your hair loss.
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor