Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Male fungal infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   DR XXX here
Doctor :   How can i help you ?
User :   Hi - my doctor recently diagnosed me with male fungal infection given to me from my girlfriend
Doctor :   ok,
User :   he gave me clotrimazole and betamethasone cream
Doctor :   ok,
User :   i have slight pain on both sides of my pelvic region. is this normal? I forgot to ask my doctor
User :   is this an internal problem or external? and if both, will the cream he gave me get rid of both?
Doctor :   yes, it is called refered pain, any genital infection do present with that pain
Doctor :   It is an external problem only , but the type of medication whether topical or systemic will be decided based on the severity of the infection
User :   i know the cream he prescribed will get rid of the external rash, but do I need to worry about having something internal? Wouldn't I also need an antibiotic to fight the internal infection?
Doctor :   if its mild then oint will suffice
Doctor :   no , not until you start getting fever or the similar lesions in any other part of the body , exm oral cavity , anal mucosa
Doctor :   this indicates internal invasion of the infection
User :   so do you think it's in my bloodstream now?
Doctor :   do you have fever ?
User :   no
Doctor :   have you noticed any minute ulceration in the oral cavity ?
User :   no
Doctor :   then i do not consider it be an internal for now
User :   if it gets into my bloodstream, what if it goes undetected for a little while? Could I get seriously sick from this? Could it spread to my organs?
Doctor :   no,
User :   what is the main cause for this type of rash? My dr. sounded like it's common for women to have this infection?
Doctor :   the probable diagnosis based on your history would be candida infection , it does but rarely spread to vital organs
Doctor :   or it is also called yeast infection
User :   when should I become alarmed?
Doctor :   the other name
User :   is this a serious infection or common?
Doctor :   when you start having even mild fever, it is the first symptom to appear
Doctor :   it is very common infection , seen in sexually active couples
User :   so pelvic soreness is common with this?
Doctor :   yes,
User :   my girlfriend was on antibiotics and we used spermicide condoms.....could this be the cause?
Doctor :   no,
Doctor :   she woudld hav acquired as a deviation of hygiene
Doctor :   would *
User :   what do you mean by deviation?
Doctor :   lack of good hygiene
Doctor :   by fingers may be
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, kindly provide your feedback
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor