Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Major depression disorder - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Depression
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   My brother after the death of my father is behaving violantly speak to ownselve and not bathing for last 3 months and disturbing the whole family enviorment please guide me and how we can manage our and his life
User :   hi
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Sir I want to talk relating with my brother
Doctor :   May I know his age?
User :   33
Doctor :   Was he absolutely normal before the death of our father?
User :   Sir I want to tell about his history will I
Doctor :   That will be helpful.
Doctor :   Can you describe if he had any problem before the death of your father?
User :   We are three brothers . He is our elder brother . HE was having a very fair complexion and this become always a matter of insult for him in his childhood and after so much insult he cut off from his social circle and become introvert . He graduated till B.Com and started to do C.A and spent 5 years to complete it but not able to do so and further then my father told him to do LLB and in LLB he lost his one eye due to eye infection by biting of insect .and then he was not able to complete his LLB . MY Father arranged two grafting operations but he did not cooperate with medicines . Then suddenly in year 2009 he bec
User :   he become violent and started to break every thing in house and I consulted psychatrist in his absence and they gave us medicine resinia and parkinson and we administered it for one and half year with continuity in his food but on one day my deceased father has told him that your brothers will now not going to administer medicine in your food and then for last one year he seperated himself from us from his diet and tried to manage on its own and now my father had been died on 8th March 2011 and now he is behaving as like before. My wife has left the house and living with his father. I am an advocate in Kurukshetra and having very good practice
User :   and my whole family life is disturbing due to this and I need guidance for saving his and our life
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I need your guidance about everything
Doctor :   May I know if tried suicide in the past ?
User :   one time when he was in 10th only due to the insults but attempt was not succesful due to timely intervention of my father
User :   but after that period he showed no sign of illness and was a very enjoying companion
Doctor :   Ok
User :   Even we have not conceived a child due to such problem carried on for last two years of our marriage
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I want to go for doing LLM in canada and want to conceive a baby but looking tough in this time phase
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
User :   yes sir
Doctor :   The symptoms that you have mentioned are suggestive of a depressive illness.
User :   right
Doctor :   This is a chronic condition which can be kept undercontrol by medications and therapies.
User :   right sir
Doctor :   Since you report that he has violent and aggressive behaviour
Doctor :   he may need to be managed at a hospital.
Doctor :   At this point of time, I would like to know if he consumes alcohol or is
User :   no
Doctor :   does he abuse drugs?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   The treatment of depression consists of the following
Doctor :   1. Antidepressant medications.
Doctor :   These are prescription medications that can be prescribed by a psychiatrist
Doctor :   2. Cognitive behavioural therapy
User :   at this time the psychiatrist has prescribed olianz 5 mg a day is it right
User :   sir are you there
Doctor :   Yes,
Doctor :   Olianz is an antipsychotic medication that are used in the treatment of psychosis.
Doctor :   Psychosis can happen in case of severe depression.
User :   in how much days violance level begin to down
Doctor :   He may need those medications along with other antidepressant medications such as Tricyclic antidepressants or SSRI's.
User :   can you prescribe me
Doctor :   The duration of treatment and the prognosis of the condition can only be predicted after physical examination.
User :   sir he is not going outside the home
Doctor :   Since these medications are prescription medictions and it is not legal to prescribe them without a physical examination.
User :   ok sir
Doctor :   These medications can only be prescribed by a psychiatrist after a physical examination.
Doctor :   More over he may also need other therapy in the form of cognitive behaviour therapy.
User :   sir he is very suspicious about food intake as he always doubt that this food contain medicine
Doctor :   The other possible condition that can mimic his current symptoms are
Doctor :   is post traumatic disorder.
Doctor :   This is usually a temporary illness which improves with time.
User :   then what way we can approach for his treatment
Doctor :   but since you report that he had such symptoms before the death of your father, the first condition is more likely.
Doctor :   Hence my suggestion to you is to consult a psychiatrist.
Doctor :   If he is very violent, then he may have to be managed at a hospital for few week.
Doctor :   Hope it is clear to you.
User :   how we can take him
User :   he showed violance to every body if any body trying to touch him
User :   can you tell me about the hospital where I can go for consultation and management
User :   are you there
Doctor :   May I know your exact location?
User :   Kurukshetra haryana
User :   sir type fast i have last minute
Doctor :   Can you confirm your phone number so that I can call you and let you know the details if the chat time expires?
User :   ok sir
Doctor :   I shall call you and give you the details.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor