Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Lump under the penis head in the shaft - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
User :   Hello, Exactly 2 weeks ago I had surgery to remove multiple cysts in my groin due to hidranitis supprativa. I am currently taking cephalexin and oxycodone 10-325. This morning i woke up and notice swelling just under my penis head in the shaft. There is no pain to the touch and no pain when i urinated. It feels and looks like built up fluid. What is going on?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr.XXXX
Doctor :   let me read the query
Doctor :   Is it the same place you have the swelling where you are operated on?
User :   no
Doctor :   were*
Doctor :   So it is a new place?
User :   in my penis shaft just under the head
Doctor :   How large is the swelling?
User :   about an inch in diameter
Doctor :   What is the color of it?
User :   looks like a bruise
User :   feels like fluid
User :   building fluid
Doctor :   Do you think the hidradenitis suppurativa is connected with it/
User :   not sure
Doctor :   Are you sexually active after surgery
Doctor :   either in the form of masturbation of actual intercourse?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   What is your age?
User :   i did masturbate this morning. when i discovered it, thinking since i hadnt ejaculated in a while that may be the cause. that was an hour ago and it hasnt gone away. 34 age
Doctor :   I think this swelling is not related to your previous problem, this swelling is spontaneous and your description about it is not worrisome about it
Doctor :   If you ask me a cause of it, I cannot exactly determine it
Doctor :   Sometime, the blood in the penis ( penis is highly vascular) can cause such kind of projections
Doctor :   where you description fits in
User :   how long should i wait if it does not subside to seek medical attention?
Doctor :   If you do not have pain or not increasing in size, be assured that it is benign
Doctor :   if you see this is growing or causes pain on touch or pressure or hinders sexual activity
Doctor :   this warrants a medical attention
User :   it is increasing in size, like a ballon filling up
Doctor :   Ok, if it is visibily increasing
Doctor :   then please get it examined by a doctor
Doctor :   any local physician or PCP shall determine its benignity
User :   ok
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor