Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Lump on the skin near eye with fluid leakage - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Psoriasis
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi, i have a small sized pea lump on the skin near my eye this grows slightly in hot weather and leaks a clear fluid. any ideas what this could be.
Doctor :   from how many days is this?
User :   over a year
Doctor :  
can you send me the photo of the lump to YYYY@YYYY
User :   no
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
where is the lump ? is it on the eye lid or or on the skin near the eye lid
User :   its like a blister that grow if it warm or a get stressed it between the lower and upper eye lid
User :   could i have this removed
Doctor :   yes you can get it removed
Doctor :   dermatologist does the removal
User :   what do you think it could be
Doctor :  
most of the skin lesion requires physical examination to say what it is
Doctor :  
from your description it seems may me a sebaceous cyst
User :   it leaks a water like substance if i am in the sun
Doctor :   ok
User :   is there any treatment for this
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
as i said removal is done by dermatologist
Doctor :  
treatment is surgical removal
User :   ok is there any medical cream i can use
Doctor :   creams or ointments are not there to dissolve the lumps
User :   so what should i do now consult a dermatolgist and talk about removal its very close to my eye
Doctor :   yeah
Doctor :  
if it is on the eye lid then also it can be removed
Doctor :  
no problems with removal however close is it with the eye
User :   would a plastic surgen be better
Doctor :  
you can consult him also
User :   thks and good night
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor