Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Lump in the neck above the collar bone right hand aching swelling of the collar bone - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi Doctor
User :   age 29
Doctor :   Please proceed with the query.
User :   I have this lump n pain on my neck.. just above the collar bone
User :   can please suggest which dr to visit.. i mean specialist
Doctor :   Ok, from when is this lump seen.
User :   from past 8 days
Doctor :   Do you have any other changes in the body like fever, loss of weight.
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   today my right hand actually aching..
Doctor :   You will have to go to a surgeon for complete check up.
User :   which specislist ?? i mean name as in there are names like neurologist
Doctor :   Do you have cough, thoat pain, any changes in the breast
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   You can go to general surgeon
Doctor :   After checking they will explain whether it is simple lump or serious.
Doctor :   How big is it and do you have any more on the other side.
User :   its not that big.. one can make out a difference between right n left collar bones
Doctor :   Ok, few cm?
User :   my left collar bone is not visible now bcos of swelling
User :   yes, few cms
Doctor :   Yes you need to review it quickly.
Doctor :   Also if possible get a biopsy done, they will explain it to you.
Doctor :   Are you there
User :   biospy
User :   where can get this done?
Doctor :   yes, is this swelling just on the bony part, or little above the collar bone.
User :   little above bone
Doctor :   ok, the surgeon will examine and tell you what to do next.
User :   ok
User :   i had called up a hospital now..
Doctor :   Do you have any more queries.
Doctor :   ok
User :   near by my place..
User :   any surgeon would do ?
Doctor :   ok. It is better to visit the doctor, yes general surgeon.
User :   ok
User :   thanks Dr
Doctor :   You are welcome. kindly login for further medical queries.
User :   ok
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor