Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Lumbar spondylosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
User :   hi
User :   my mother has severe leg pain
Doctor :   Ok

User :   she underwent MRI test today and the result is as follows: User :   Lumbar spondylosis

Mild left paracentral disc bulge at L3-L4 and L4l5 levels causing exit foramen compromise and indenting the left traversing L5 nurve root at L4-L5 level
Doctor :  
YOu can proceed
Doctor :   Ok

User :   what does this mean?
Doctor :  
So I presume that she is having severe pain in the legs
User :   she is 51 yrs old
User :   yes
Doctor :  
It means that there is a slight dislocation of the lumbar vertebra
Doctor :  
which is causing pressure on the nerves
User :   can it be cured?
Doctor :  
You will have to meet a Neurosurgeon for the same
Doctor :  
Yes it is curable
User :   where actually is the lumber vertebra?
Doctor :  
One is thro conservative measures
Doctor :  
like lumbar belt
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
and the other one is thro surgery
Doctor :  
where in the correct the malpositioning of the vertebra
User :   ok... where actually is this vertibra located?
User :   back?
User :   or legs
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
along the spinal cord
User :   what do u suggest? conservative measures?
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
You can start off with that
User :   is it better than surgery?
Doctor :  
and later if required only one can go for surgery
Doctor :  
Nothing like better
Doctor :  
It should be cured
Doctor :  
that is the motto

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor