Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Lowering cholesterol through diet - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Cholesterol
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2561 Questions

User :   hi doc
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   i want to ask if my cholestrol is high aroun 250 wat can i do to reduce it without medicines
Doctor :   You need to reduce overall weight and completely avoid fatty foods in your siet
User :   ok anything specific to eat which helps to reduce chol
Doctor :   Sunflower or safflower oil is good
User :   ok olive oil is gud enough?
User :   how bout eggs and meat ?? is it fine to have once in a while
Doctor :   Yes, olive oil is also a good substitute
User :   and kraft cheese
User :   ?
Doctor :   Better to avoid them for a while
User :   ok
Doctor :   Fish can be eaten as it lowers cholesterol
User :   ohhh
Doctor :   Walnuts and almonds reduce cholesterol
User :   ok
User :   fried fish or gravy
User :   how many walnits a day'
Doctor :   Orange juice and butter milk are also good
Doctor :   Fish gravy
Doctor :   Avoid fries
User :   ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   No more than a handful or
Doctor :   5o grams
User :   k
Doctor :   Eat baked foods instead of fries
Doctor :   Bake whatever foods you would otherwise fry

Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor