Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Liver transplantation after being affected by hepatitis C - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   I can help you
User :   MY FRIEND is affected by hepatitis C
User :   so thats afefcted the Liver
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   What stage is it
User :   A+
User :   blood group
Doctor :   There are indications for LIver transplant
User :   not getting the donor
User :   would like to know
Doctor :   it is called Child pugh scoring depending on different paramentere
User :   how is the transplant done from Alive person
Doctor :   After seeing the matching and suitability of the donor
Doctor :   a part of the liver is taken
Doctor :   and transplanted to the donor
User :   so how is it affecting the donor?
User :   i mean post surgery
Doctor :   Liver has a beauty
Doctor :   of regeneration
User :   how fast it takes
Doctor :   So the cut part
Doctor :   grows back
User :   ....
Doctor :   The liver takes 3 to 5 years
Doctor :   but the part of liver
Doctor :   that is remains will take care of the function

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor