Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Lichenification of half part of the penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
I want to send a picture of my penis. when looking at it about half the head is red. It has been like this for close to 8 weeks. It does not itch and there is no discharge. Meds: Lexapro- started 7 months ago stopped about 4 weeks ago. Propecia- been on 2 years. I am 51 years old and in excellent health. BP: 120/80. Pulse 60. Height 5'9". weight 175.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Let me read through your query
Doctor :   Are you with me?
Doctor :   Are you sending the picture?
User :   yew. i just sent
Doctor :   Let me check
User :   sent fro.m my phone and from my email
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I had seen it
Doctor :   It looks like lichenification
Doctor :   It is a body's reaction to the problem that is already present
Doctor :   something like scratching for long time
Doctor :   Have you seen a Doctor for this?
User :   no. could it be from masterbating overtime
Doctor :   Why were you taking the above medicines
Doctor :   Were the prescribed by the Doctor and stopped by him ?
User :   Lexapro- prescribed by doc for an acute depression episode. I stopped on my own about 4 weeks ago and feel fine. propecia- been on 2 years for hair loss
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Are you sexually active?
Doctor :   Is that only appearance of it bothers you?
User :   yes with 1 woman.
User :   yes the appearance bothers me. can it be reversed
Doctor :   I think you should talk to Dermatology
User :   do you have one here that can address the issue?
Doctor :   Yes
User :   how do i speak to derm?
User :   will he/she have access to the pic and our coversation?
Doctor :   You can go with this link
Doctor :   You can describe the query and I shall attach the photograph
User :   thanks
Doctor :   Let me give my opinion
User :   ok
Doctor :   It looks like it is benign
Doctor :   and nothing much to worry about
User :   so it not a std
Doctor :   I do not think so
Doctor :   But you can mail to the Dermatologist
Doctor :   I am a Family physician
User :   i will follow up with derm
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there anything else I can help you ?
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor