Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Left groin pain with testicular discomfort and burning sensation - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi , I am 21 years old. I had some discomfort or mild pain in the left side of my groin. the discomfort mainly happens when I am lying down and at times spreads to my inner thigh. My left scrotum-testicle area is also a bit larger than usual and this enlarged area has a 'baggy' and 'fluidy' feeling when I touch it. I did some reseach on the internet and got very scared as I suspected something wrong with my testicles so I went to a family doctor where he made me a test and said that I was fine and added that this could be a muscular pain. This condition was present for about 4 days. The discomfort started to go away but I soon faced another problem. Some 'delay' when urinating where urine takes a bit longer than usual to exit the body and this came with a little burn but no blood. There is nothing abnormal in my semen. I started taking cranberry pills and the problem is slowly going away but the enlargement of my left scrotum-testicle is still present with less discomfort but still more sensitive than it was before and more sensitive than the right one. This is making me concerned. Can anyone help? Thanks
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
User :   are you familiar with urology?
Doctor :   I am a general physician. I believe I can help you with your query.
Doctor :   Let me read the query.
User :   very good
User :   take your time
Doctor :   Are you sexually active?
Doctor :   Are you having fever?
User :   nope I am a virgin but I masturbate once or twice a day
User :   no fever
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Since how many days are you having this problem?
User :   over a week
Doctor :   Ok
User :   the slight pain comes and goes
Doctor :   Did the doctor suggest an urine test when you consulted him?
User :   Nope
Doctor :   Ok
User :   he asked me how my urine was
User :   I did not have the problem in urination at the time
Doctor :   Does you symptom increase while you cough?
User :   nope
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but I am very worried, I am the kind of person that worries much
Doctor :   Does the pain felt like cramping one?
User :   It just a minimal pain
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
Doctor :   Since I cannot perform a physical examination from this far, i am unable to pinpoint the exact cause of pain and discomfort. However
Doctor :   based on your description, the symptoms are consistent with the features of genitourinary inflammation.
User :   ok let me add one more thing so u can better examine my situation
Doctor :   probably secondary to infection - viral one.
User :   whats worrying me is the slight enlargement in the left scrotum
User :   right under the base of the penis
User :   it feels a little more fluidy and sensitive than the right testicle
Doctor :   Most often both the testis are not identical in size and shape, however, if you feel that
Doctor :   the size is bigger than what it was,
Doctor :   then again, they are probably due to inflammation.
User :   Okay, Is there anyway to treat the problem?
Doctor :   This condition is often a non concerning one. and will subside gradually as the infection is treated.
Doctor :   You will need the following measures though
Doctor :   1. Continue the use of cranberry pills.
Doctor :   2. You need to consume plenty of water to flush the infection out of your system through the urine.
Doctor :   3. You will also need a urine test - a urine routine with or without urine culture test.
Doctor :   If the urine reports are abnormal, you may need antibiotics.
Doctor :   As mentioned earlier, most often this condition subside without any complications provided its treated early.
Doctor :   Hence i suggest that you consult a doctor who can guide you in getting the urine test.
Doctor :   You should be better in a few days.
Doctor :   Have you followed what i have suggested?
User :   My Urine problem is actually improving
User :   its been better since I started taking cranberry
User :   and I drink a lot of water
User :   probably more than 2 litres everyday
Doctor :   signs of inflammation will take a while to heal once the infection is controlled.
User :   Do you know any herbs/remedies for the testicle problem?
Doctor :   I guess you have mistaken it. Gential - testicular, epidydymis and the vasdeferens and the urinary tract are a closed unit.
User :   aha so theyre connected?
Doctor :   Your symptoms are not just limited to the testis, but will all the other structures too.
Doctor :   Hence the treatment here is going to be the same.
User :   Okay so the steps you have discussed above are to control the inflammation?
Doctor :   You will need antibiotics which will also take care of the testicular problem if infection is proved via the urine tests.
Doctor :   And proper hydration and the antibiotics (if necessary) will take care of the infection which will inturn help with the inflammatory swelling.
Doctor :   So you need not worry.
User :   Okay nothing serious then?
Doctor :   Have you followed what i have suggested?
User :   Yep
Doctor :   Yes, it isn't a serious concern.
Doctor :   Get the tests done, and if necessary antibiotic use is recommended.
User :   Okay very good. I will try to set an appointment with the doctor for urine testing
Doctor :   Hope it is clear now.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   Okay very good
User :   I think Im good
User :   thanks a lot
User :   I appreciate your help
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
User :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor