Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Lack of sexual drive - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi,I am 40, I don't get sexually excited to have an erection. Please help
Doctor :   this is from how many days
User :   well i was not very sexually excited,but accute issue within last 6 months
Doctor :   ok
User :   I get erection when I am alone, but not when I am with a partner
Doctor :   ok
User :   I get erection when mastribating within 4-6 strokes only
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do you suffer from diabetes and or hypertension ?
User :   Not hypertension but My FBS sometimes have been 110-115range
Doctor :   ok , do you take any medications ?
User :   for cholestrol. Am I moving to be dibetic?
Doctor :   110 - 115 is upperlimit
Doctor :   what is the recent cholosterolo levels ?
User :   180
Doctor :   anything below 200 is ok for cholesterol
User :   what about my sexual issue pl.
Doctor :   coming to the erection issue, do you have any adjustment issues with your partner
User :   not really but never feel excited.
User :   May i ask-am i speaking to an indian doctor?
Doctor :   yes
User :   Great
Doctor :   you get erection and you can mastrubate also ?
User :   yes.but no erection when i wish to have intercourse
User :   physically and emotionaly I get dry
Doctor :   but you dont feel sexually excited with your partnerand hence you dont get erection ?
User :   Yes- but I want to.
Doctor :   have you tried intercourse with a different partner?
User :   yes but not pentrative,
User :   That was exciting
Doctor :   do you get erection ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   ok
User :   But somehow I couldn't do penetrative sex.
Doctor :   so it is a mental block with your partner
User :   I know this may be very stupid
Doctor :   and there is no physical problem
Doctor :   you need to resolve the issues between you and your partner
User :   not I know of- I even had Ultrasound of penis in India
Doctor :   counseling with a psychatrist is the treatment.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor