Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Lab results done for irregular digestion - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
User :   Hello Doctor.
User :   I had consulted a Doctor on this forum last week on my irregular digestion
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I was advised to do a stool routine and culture test and asked to take sporilac tablet
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :  
Have you got it done?
User :   the stool culture report has come
User :   and it has the following remarks.
User :   Mucus Flakes +, Pus Cells Absent
User :   Organism Isolated: No pathogens grown, commensals isolated
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :   That means there is no bacterial infection as such detected on culture
User :   OK
Doctor :   Mucus flakes is the only positive finding
User :   What does that mean?
Doctor :  
Mucus discharge from the anus
User :   Do I need to do anything for that?
Doctor :   Nothing

Doctor :  
It is normally present
Doctor :  
Do you have any symptoms now?
User :   improved significantly
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
Now there is nothing to worry as per the report
Doctor :  
You can resume normal
Doctor :  
without much problem
User :   Ok
User :   Do I need to continue Sporilac?
Doctor :   Not required

Doctor :  
It is to replenish the good bacteria which are lost during loose motions
Doctor :  
since you do not have the same now
Doctor :  
no need of it
User :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there any thing else I can help you with?

User :   No that would be all. Doctor
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done.
User :   Thank You
User :   done
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor