Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Kidney stone problem, pain when walking little fast, cramps at the side of the back, not passing much urine. - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hello Doctor..
User :   Yes, this is regarding to the health of my wife..
Doctor :   Proceed with your query.
User :   she is suffering from the stone problem in kidney..
User :   today also she is having pain..
Doctor :   Is she on treatment for renal stones?
User :   no
User :   we are not taking any treatment
Doctor :   Where exactly is the pain located?
Doctor :   Does the pain appear like cramps?
User :   yes, it is on the side of back
Doctor :   Does the pain appear like cramps?
User :   yes, she says like that only, she gets pain if she walks little fast.. when she is sitting no pain..
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Does she have any problems while passing urine such as pain or burning sensation while passing urine?
Doctor :   Is she having fever?
User :   no fever, she does not feel pain while passing urine..
User :   but she is not passing much urine also..
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
Doctor :   The pain which you describe is probably related to the renal stone.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Patients develop pain either when the stones pass through the urinary tract.
Doctor :   The following measures will help her: Doctor :   1. Drinking plenty of water.
Doctor :   2. Adequate rest.
Doctor :   3. Pain killers such as ibuprofen twice a day for a few days.
Doctor :   If the pain do not improve the above medications, she may need stronger analgesics - orally or injectables.
Doctor :   In such cases, it is better to see a doctor.
User :   sure..thank u doctor
Doctor :   Apart from these few more tests such as
Doctor :   blood counts, renal profile, repeat ultrasound scans and KUB xrays may be needed.
Doctor :   The symptoms usually resolve in a few days.
Doctor :   Persisting symptoms due to larger stones are treated by Lithotripsy.
Doctor :   Hope this helps.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   sure thanks..
User :   do we have to see any specific doctor?
User :   or a general doctor?
Doctor :   You could consult a general physician, if simple pain killers such as ibuprofen do not reduce the pain.
User :   ok thanks.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   not now doctor..thank you..
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Have a nice day!!
Doctor :   Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor