Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

KY jelly for small penis cuts - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   Hello Dr..
User :   Good Morning
Doctor :   Good morning to you too.
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query.
User :   Dr Iam married and i have small cuts in the top front (foladable) skin of penis after intercourse .. This happens after regular intercourse if i didnt have sex for 3 days it heals , then i resume sex and it quite normal for 2 days and again the cuts reappear , but i dont feel pain during sex , but while pulling back the front skin , i have pain and i notice some small cuts particulary in the tip front skin of my penis and i have no discharge.. Please advise me Dr
User :   Have u got my query Dr??
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you got circumcision done in the past?
User :   No Dr
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
User :   yes please dr
Doctor :   The cuts are probably due to the minor trauma.
Doctor :   This can happen if the foreskin is tight is not able to retract completely during sexual intercourse.
User :   ok..
Doctor :   Other causes such as lack of proper lubrication can add to this problem
User :   Ok.. dr
Doctor :   There can be other factors can be
Doctor :   presence of friction due to small or tight vaginal opening can add to the problem.
Doctor :   As long as there is no major injuries, presence of blood, or difficulty during sexual act, this is not of major concern.
Doctor :   I would suggest you to consider using lubricants during sexual intercourse.
User :   Yes dr ...we are newly married and wife vagina is too tight and now iam able to penetrate But i have tired once with KY Jelly applied over my penis just before intercourse during that time i notice very very small cut in the skin and it heals
Doctor :   Over a period of time, when the foreskin becomes loose or after a circumcision, this problems should be solved.
Doctor :   Lubricants (KY Jelly) can reduce the trauma,
User :   Ok Dr...What you suggest dr can i go for circumcision
Doctor :   Circumcision will loosen the foreskin and should help to prevent this condition.
Doctor :   If you are not willing to get the circumcison, done,
Doctor :   then continue the use of KY Jelly.
Doctor :   Over a period of time, usually both fore skin becomes loose,
Doctor :   and the vaginal opening becomes lax.
Doctor :   This will solve the problem.
Doctor :   Hence now the option left are continue the KY Jelly and wait or consider circumcision.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   Yes Dr... i will continue using KY Jelly.. but without KY Jelly iam having this problem, while pulling back my foreskin only iam having pain and noticing the cuts... but it automatically heals after 2 days
Doctor :   Yes, small cuts usually heal off.
User :   One more query DR.. Any side effects is there after using KY Jelly will it affect preganacy..
Doctor :   No, KY jelly has no spermicidal effects and it doesn't affect pregnancy.
Doctor :   Restrict sexual activity if the cuts are severe.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor