Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Joint pain problem at palm, foot. What is the cure? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 14-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:hello sir
Doctor:anyway , based on the info given, it seems that you have a low BMI of 14.28
Doctor:which is very very low ,
User:sir i have the joint pain problem mainly at palm and foot
Doctor:the normal BMI should be in the range of 19 to 25
User:sir what is BMI and i wnats to know pls.
User:How you assess that i have low BMI
Doctor:BMI can give an idea of the weight category that a person is in and so can have some predictive value.
Doctor:bmi is body mass index, and is calculated from the height and the weight of the person
Doctor:above 25 , a patient is overweight
Doctor:and under 18, the person is underweight
User:SIR ok thank for information waht how i improve this but i m feeling this pain since i motnh only
Doctor:first and foremost, I would advice you to get a few tests done
User:sir my height was 5 feet 8 inch and wt. is 78 kgs
Doctor:ok, earlier u had mentioned it as 7 ft 8 inches
User:in last commumincation due to typing erroe i have send u the wrong inf. of height
Doctor:based on the new correction, you have a BMI OF 26, WHICH is slightly overweight
Doctor:and that is fine
Doctor:u just need to work out and have a healthy diet (low carb and low fat) which will help u to lose some weight and get back in shape
User:sir waht hapened actually in delhi you know there is cold and due to cold i was suffered from fever along with pain but now fever is recovered but pain in palm and feets are still three
Doctor:ok, i understand, In that case, you might be having issues due to persistent inflammation in the body, resulting, due to viral infections
User:sir i am maintaing this wt since 5 years back but never suffered from pain
Doctor:it will take a few weeks to heal, but it will definitely, subside , and you will get well
Doctor:for now, you can take CROCIN tab 500 mg , 1 tablet, as and when needed for the pain
User:sir if i take the nimodol or tablet having the salts of paracetamol and nimslide then feels the betterment in pain
Doctor:apply some heat pads, to the area , where the pain is present
User:yes sir when i use the hot water on palm and feet then feel better
Doctor:yes, you can continue, doing that for another 1-2 weeks, within which ,you will surely get better
Doctor:you are probably having a post viral arthritis, which as advised will subside soon
User:Pls advise should i use the crocin 500 mg or tablet having the paracetamol-500mg + nimoslide 100mg 2 tablets a day .
Doctor:In case, even after 2 weeks, you do not get better, you can do a few tests including - complete hemogram, peripheral blood smear, ESR, BUN, Creatinine levels, Liver functions and a urinalysis
Doctor:based on the findings, other tests like rheumatoid factor, CCP, etc can be done, to rule out rheumatological conditions like lupus, rheumatic arthritis, etc
Doctor:but until the next 2 weeks, you can take the tablet CROCIN, instead of the other tab, you have been using so far
Doctor:for your info, NIimesulide is banned, and is not advised to be taken
Doctor:so avoid medications containing Nimesulide
Doctor:have u followed my suggestions ?
User:yes sir i will follow ur suggestion and will cotinue crocin 500 mg but i don't have any fever , i have just slight pain
Doctor:crocin does help in pain too
Doctor:so you can definitely take it
User:sir does this is the symtoms of dengue or chickengunia or just the infection
User:ok sir i will try this tablet and let you know further if i need some help i will contact you.
Doctor:sure, you can drop in a mail or contact XXXXXXX and they will connect you to me
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor