Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Jaundice, complications - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hi i want to look like I've a jaundice.. what can i do t show those symptoms..
User :   hi
User :   anyone there?
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here.
Doctor :   why would you want to 'look like you have jaundice'?
Doctor :   it is a symptomatic disease which indicates damage to liver
User :   i need to take a leave
User :   just want to make my eyes n nails look more yellow
User :   its kinda important to me
Doctor :   better to use some other option, as if you tell you have jaundice as a medical excuse, your HR dept would want you to submit the lab reports and medical bills.
User :   I will manage that
Doctor :   and no lab test will 'mimic' jaundice when you dont have them
Doctor :   the yellowness in eyes, is due to deposition of pigment after bilirubin breakdown
User :   please... I just need to leave this place n i have no other option
Doctor :   and it increases in jaundice leading to yellowness in eyes and skin.
Doctor :   so there is no ways that yellowness of jaundice can be mimicked in eyes
User :   is there any other way i could show them that i need a complete bed reest for a month
User :   ?
User :   I know it sounds disgusting..
Doctor :   medical illness requiring such long leave include fractures, especially of lower limbs, typhoid, and heart condition, but all of these need supporting evidence to submit to HR once you are back from leave

User :   what about migrane?
Doctor :   do not feign serious medical illness, it might cost you your job
Doctor :   migraine you do require rest, but it also needs a certificate issued by doctor along with medicine bills to support
Doctor :   and the leave granted for migraine is usually 1 week
Doctor :   unless attacks come often
User :   oh..
Doctor :   may I ask why are you so desperate for 1 month leave?
User :   sure. I'm asked to move to another place from my current location n don want to leave my girl fren for a month...
Doctor :   it is better to take LWP (leave without pay) rather than feign medical illness and risk losing your job
User :   they won't I've tried that earlier
Doctor :   if your girlfriend really loves you, and is a matured person, she will understand the gravity of situation and help you to move upwards in your career path.
User :   It's kinda complex in here.. can't really explain all that
Doctor :   ok
User :   any other way...?
User :   I'll take care of all the bills n reports
Doctor :   there is no other way out, either you tell them the truth that you have personal emergency and cannot move immediately
Doctor :   and buy time
Doctor :   or sort out your problems and go ahead with the job
User :   nothing of that sort is working.. so i've opted this
Doctor :   and see personal life later
Doctor :   as there is no common medical illness that will give you such a long leave
User :   fine.. thanks for the advise..
User :   was nice talking to you
Doctor :   and without any supporting documents for serious medical illness, you will risk losing job
Doctor :   and might face difficulty in getting next job
User :   hmmm.. ok
Doctor :   take care.
User :   thanki you
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor