Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Itching, spots in the foot, ankle area below knees - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello doctor
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query.
User :   i've an itching sensation on above my ankle area and below the knees
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   especially at the back side of the leg
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Can you describe the skin colouration, any rashes present?
Doctor :   May I know your age/gender?
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   ya, i'm a male
User :   30 yrs
User :   thrs no rashes
User :   but i see some spots here and there
User :   dark spots
User :   the skin looks dark and dry
Doctor :   How did it started and duration?
User :   its there since 3 days now
User :   it constantly itches
User :   if i apply body cream/crack creams also
User :   its not stopping
Doctor :   Do you suffer from any diagnosed medical conditions?
Doctor :   like Diabetes, Hypertension
User :   no
Doctor :   Have you been investigated for diabetes or hypertension?
User :   ya, recently when i took a heatlh check
Doctor :   Did you suffer from any injury to that area in the recent past?
User :   no i did not
User :   though i started gyming since last week
User :   i run for 3-4 kms every day
Doctor :   After going through your details, I feel the following would the probabilities: Doctor :   1) Dermatitis
Doctor :   2) Allergic
Doctor :   3) Insect bite if any possibilities.
User :   ok
Doctor :   It would be better to get examined by a dermatologist as it would require specific treatment accordingly.
Doctor :   Meanwhile you can follow these measures: User :   ok
Doctor :   1) Clean your foot regularly with soap and warm water.
Doctor :   Atleast 3 to 4 times a day.
User :   hmm
Doctor :   2) Apply CALAMINE lotion.
Doctor :   this will help in the soothing the skin.
User :   ok
Doctor :   3) Can take antihistaminics if excessive itching persists.
Doctor :   Did you follow my suggestions?
User :   antihistaminics?
Doctor :   These are medications commonly taken for itching but requires prescriptions.
User :   ok....
Doctor :   These you might be prescribed by Dermatologist after getting examined.
User :   ok sure
User :   will visit a dematologist
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Is there any thing else I can help you with?
User :   nothing else doc....thanks a lot
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Take care.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
User :   thanks
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor