Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Itching near genital area. What could be done? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 16-Nov-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
User:hello doctor
Doctor:Pls proceed with your query
User:my problem is, my husband having iching near his genital parts
Doctor:since how long
User:since six to eight mnths
Doctor:So it is a chronic problem
User:corners of the thigh
Doctor:so it is groin
User:i am not getting the word chronic
User:wat groin
Doctor:Since it is for long time it is called chronic
Doctor:I think it is fungal infection
Doctor:He should keep the area dry and clean
User:he is also having black spots above thigh
Doctor:because of scratching
Doctor:there is blackness
Doctor:He should take long term treatment for two months
Doctor:for fungal infection
Doctor:Though I can suggest a medicine here I still would suggest to XXXXXXX a Dermatologist
Doctor:and get this looked at
Doctor:and then prescribe appropriate
User:he ia also having black spots below the testies.
Doctor:Yes it is also because of scratch
User:he has used itch guard & tebina then too no effect.
Doctor:my sincere suggestion is to XXXXXXX a doctor for examination and then get the anti fungal prescribed
Doctor:so you have used the best drugs
Doctor:so it is very important to take a swab and get it tested
User:swab means?
Doctor:a cotton rubbing over the area
User:is this XXXXXXX for him.
Doctor:If Terbina which is a goood antifungal agent did not
Doctor:give relief
Doctor:we need to give much better dose
Doctor:Not it is not XXXXXXX
User:coz whole time he is scratching where ever he is standging tht doesnt look good.
Doctor:I understand
Doctor:but you need to go to a Dermatologist
User:unbareble iching
Doctor:and there is no other option to look at otherwise it can spread to other parts
User:ok thanks doctor
Doctor:Which city are you in?
Doctor:I recommend a doctor
Doctor:if possible
Doctor:Are you with me?
Doctor:Since you are not responding
Doctor:I have to close the chat
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor