Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Itching in genital area after intercourse - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr here
User :   hey i have some itching in genital area
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query.
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   got some dry skin and some red looking bumps
User :   im 19
Doctor :   Since when are you having itching?
User :   about a week ago
Doctor :   Is there any pain or discharge?
User :   noo discharge at all just itching
User :   the red bumps are located like where the leg starts
User :   and also on the penis
Doctor :   Are these in thigh area?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Did you recently have any intercourse?
User :   yes i have
Doctor :   Was it unprotected one?
User :   no
Doctor :   Did the itching start after that?
User :   i also have like a little open sore like right under the tip of the penis
User :   but its very small.
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and yes it did start after that
Doctor :   It seems like an infection or allergy in the penis and surrounding called a s Balinitis.
Doctor :   1)Clean your genitals daily with Tea Tree oil twicw
Doctor :   2)Avoid wearing too tight undies.
Doctor :   3)Do not practice unprotected intercourse
Doctor :   4)Just add two handfuls of salt in the bathing water.
User :   you think its something like herpes or something like that? because i had some of the bumps are filled with this white puss i guess
User :   just like small pimples
Doctor :   If all these things do not help in three days get yourself examined by a urologist and also you may require some investigations
Doctor :   have you followed what i said?
Doctor :   It seems like a Balinitis
User :   yeah, because i mean ive always had some little bumps as long as i can remember with sometimes had the white stuff in them
User :   is the Balinitis curable?
Doctor :   Yes it is you may need some antiboitic course and other medications
Doctor :   Also some investigations may be required.
User :   but do all the symptoms i told you sound like something mayor?
Doctor :   No
User :   alright doctor thank you very much
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor