Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Itching during the night time around penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions
User :   hi
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   I have a skin problem
Doctor :   Can you explain?
User :   from the past few days i have itching during the night time around my penis
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and it the region around it has turned dark
Doctor :   Do you have burning sensation at that region?
User :   slightly
User :   but only during the night time wen i try to touch tht region
Doctor :   Do you notice redness at the margin between the normal skin and the darker skin?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Do you have similar lesions any where else in the body?
User :   no
Doctor :   Do you have diabetes?
User :   no
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   i'm 23
Doctor :   Have you seen a doctor/tried any medication on that region?
User :   when i was 16 i had a similar problem have consulted a doc then
Doctor :   Ok
User :   n again now i have this problem
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
Doctor :   Your symptoms are consistent with the features of a fungal infection.
Doctor :   This is referred to as Tinea cruris in medical term.
Doctor :   It is a common fungal infection.
User :   can you please suggest some medication
Doctor :   Before I can suggest you the medications, May I know your location?
User :   why would this usually happen i stay very hygenic
User :   chennai
User :   india
Doctor :   No, this was to help in suggesting the medication, that is available in your location.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   1. Apply antifungal creams. You can use fluconazole creams.
Doctor :   Apply them twice a day, after a bath.
Doctor :   2. Avoid unnecessarily handling the affected region with bare fingers.
User :   ok..
Doctor :   3. Since the infection spreads by contact, you will need to wash your undergarments frequently(as they can spread from infected undergarments)
User :   ok
Doctor :   4, Presence of moisture in the skin will increase the chances of these infection,
Doctor :   hence once the infection is treated(which should take about a week or so)
Doctor :   you need to take sufficient measures to keep the area clean and moist.
Doctor :   Use good talcum powder to prevent accumulation of moisture.
User :   ok..
Doctor :   There are chances of recurrence once this is treated now, if you leave the moisture to settle down there.
Doctor :   5. Lastly, you need to treat the present infection completely, hence, even if you feel
Doctor :   that your symptoms are reducing in a day or 2,
Doctor :   you will need to use the medication untill there is complete recovery
User :   ok..
Doctor :   On an average this usually happens in about weeks time.
Doctor :   But use the cream till you see all the dark region is gone.
User :   ok..
Doctor :   6. Finally, if the cream is not helping you, or if you find that the symptoms are increasing, you will need oral medications.
Doctor :   The chances of this happening will be rare,
Doctor :   but if they happen consult a dermatologist.
User :   ok..
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   ya .. i have taken down the name f the medicines
User :   i ll follow all the suggesions
User :   i can just ask for any fluconazole creams at drug stores right?
Doctor :   The cream can cause allergic reactions in some individual, hence try the cream on a small area of skin before applying them to the affected region.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Yes, you can get this cream from any chemist or pharmacy stores at your locality.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   what do i have to do if there s a allergic reaction?
User :   yes i have
User :   i meant i followed
Doctor :   Do not use the medications further.
User :   ok..
Doctor :   symptoms of allergy usually will happen only at the applied region.
User :   ok..
Doctor :   Very rarely severe allergic reaction
Doctor :   such as swelling all over the body, severe itching all over, breathing difficulties can happen.
User :   ok..
Doctor :   If such symptoms occur, you will need to see a doctor for antiallergic injections.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   ya i have
User :   thanks a lot
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
Doctor :   Have a great day!!
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor