Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is it advisory to marry a person with HIV +? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 11-Oct-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
User:Hello Dr
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I have some personnel problems can I share with you
User:Sorry may I know what r u specialized with ?
Doctor:I am general physician and I can provide helpful opinion within my expertise.
Doctor:You can try sharing your concern, if you are ok with it.
User:ok thanks
User:I am a widow with 2 kids now my parents have found a person who is willing to marry me and he is ready to accept me and kids
User:and at home all liked him and I also liked him as he is very good human being and a good natured person
User:I have seen him almost for 4 months now and I come to know that he is HIV +
User:I really don't know wat to do :(
User:should I go about with this or drop
User:if yes I need all kind of information
Doctor:If you have no serious commitments with it, you may drop this decision.
User:do u suggest this ?
User:coz I met few doctors and they say he has very low viral load and if we are careful it will not be transferred to me
Doctor:My suggestion was not a medical one. It was my opinion.
User:should I emotionally take this or practically
User:oh I seriously want to give a thought coz he is great person a gentle human and my kids love him ...
User:but I need to know all facts before I proceed
Doctor:Yes, when viral load is low the chances of transfer is quite low. Moreover antiviral therapy are available to prevent spread of infection to lowest level.
User:can anyone from your team who is well versed in this guide me please
User:yes his viral load and cd count is low
Doctor:However it usually brings about lot of apprehension and anxiety among patients.
User:only me and my brother know abt this and we have asked 3 doc who treat him but I wanted to know what all I need to do and what all I should do before I proceed
Doctor:At this point of time, I can tell you that yes,
Doctor:it is possible to live with a HIV infected individual.
Doctor:There are means to protect yourself from HIV.
Doctor:A few means that we suggest are
User:ok thanks but can u suggest me the best doc from health care magic I want to XXXXXXX face to face and clear some queries I got
Doctor:practicing safe sex; avoiding contact with body fluids.
Doctor:Further if there is accidental exposure
Doctor:it can be treated with prophylactic antiviral therapy.
Doctor:There are options to take care of HIV prevention.
Doctor:Now, more than you XXXXXXX a medical consultant, I think you need to consult a family counsellor.
Doctor:Family counsellor will be able to discuss with you
Doctor:the problems faced with such families
Doctor:it will help you be prepared to make more bold decision.
User:ok grt can u suggest me some who is best in this
Doctor:Since your concern is related to whether to marry this individual or not, you
User:also body fluids means is it even saliva also ?
Doctor:will be better benefitted with this family counselling.
User:no I need more than family counseling
Doctor:I specifically meant blood transfers or genital secretions transfer.
Doctor:One wouldn't spread saliva from speaking or touching/
Doctor:It needs change in fluids.
Doctor:Whenever we have serious exposure risks, there are ways to prevent infection.
User:sorry to ask how abt kissing
User:will it sperad
Doctor:Kissing has not reported to transfer virus.
User:oh ok but I need more details dr
Doctor:But if you have mouth ulcers/wounds the chances are slightly higher.
User:can u plz suggest me some good specialist in this area
User:me and him will go and XXXXXXX as I am seriously thinking to proceed with this. so I will give my 100 % to be safe so I wont be able to make it unless I XXXXXXX a good dr in this field
Doctor: XXXXXXX like I said you need to realize what your concern is currently.
Doctor:If your concern is whether or not to marry this person
Doctor:then you need to contact a family counsellor.
User:no its not
User:its living with him when I am married
User:so I need to know each and every details
Doctor:May I call you to discuss about this concern.
Doctor:if that is ok with you.
User:yes plz
Doctor:Are you there?
User:yes plz
Doctor:Can you confirm your contact number.
User:tell me
Doctor:I shall call you and discuss the concern in a few mintues.
Doctor:Thanks for coming on chat.
Doctor:Will contact you shortly.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor