Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is dr ayushweda product for height increasing effective? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
User:hi doc, XXXXXXX here
Doctor:welcome to XXXXXXX
User:want to ask u regarding newly introduced dr ayushweda product for height increasing
User:is it really very effective
Doctor:may i know , for what is the age of the person, who is supposed to take it ?
User:that u can increase ur height at any age?
Doctor:Height increase in most individuals , is maximum during puberty , that is before the age of 18 yers
User:girl, age about 26 yrs
Doctor:in women, the maximum height is reached, by the time of 18 to 20 years.
Doctor:after this age, the growth plates of the long bones of the body, which actually make the height of the body, are ossified , which means they no longer elongate
Doctor:so the chances of increase in height after age 25, is virtually nil
Doctor:and any product that says that it can increase height after the age of 25 years, , is giving false assurances
Doctor:yes, the product may help individuals , less than 18 years ,
User:but, in that advertisement, they are saying its possible, so that means its just mrktng for selling the product or its possible?
Doctor:but, not after age of 25 years ,
Doctor:it is just marketing
Doctor:may i know your height and weight ?
User:weight is 51 kg and height is 4.10
Doctor:you seem to have a BMI of 23.5
Doctor:WHICH is very good
Doctor:though, you have a slightly lower height, keeping your weight within athletic range, would help you keep a good appearance
Doctor:and look great
Doctor:I would not advise you, to take the products advertised , for weight gain at your age
User:but then, what about the product which i have asked you
Doctor:it is a product meant for individuals less than 18 years
Doctor:not for individuals , who are about 20 years age
User:so is der any other way, that the person can increase height
Doctor:medically, the only way to increase height after age 25 , is via Orthopedic surgery called ILIZAROVs method
Doctor:this is s surgery, which can increase the height upto 5 inches,
Doctor:but the procedure is time consuming, and needs at least 6 months of bed rest
User:how it actually works, wht exactly they do in this surgery
Doctor:They cut the LONG BONES of the body (usually the tibia - lower leg bone)
Doctor:and then elongate it , by serial retraction
User:what is serial retraction
Doctor:this requires the patient to be bed ridden, so that healing and elongation of the bones occur , with time
Doctor:the 2 bone ends are separated, during the healing process
Doctor:usually when healing occurs, tissues grow between the cut ends
User:can u pls explain me in simple language, as u r using all the medical words
Doctor:so when you separate them further, there should be a increase in the amount of cells that bridge the gap
User:means u r saying becoz of some bones in legs, increased in height stops
Doctor:i mean to say that , it is normal for the body to stop growing, in height after age 20 years
User:but this surgery is safe? and does people prefer this kind for surgery for growing problem
Doctor:if you are really interested to increase your height , and are willing to spend a considerable amount of money as well as time off work, then you can think about this procedure
Doctor:the surgery is safe, but the lengthening process is long, and you will be hospitalized and bed ridden for a period of 4 months at least
Doctor:the cost of the procedure, and the expenses may come upto more than 1 lakh
User:can u pls give me details of concerned hospital and doctors, and approximately cost for the same
User:and which hospital they do dis surgery
Doctor:may i know where you live ?
Doctor:You mean mumbai ?
Doctor:Orthocare Centre , 304 Doctor Centre
August XXXXXXX Marg, Kemps Corner , Mumbai - 0000, India

Mobile : +91 0000 0000
Doctor:you can consult Dr XXXXXXX Shah at that center
Doctor:he has over 25 years experience in the related procedure
User:any other hospital in mumbai, that u can suggest
Doctor:sorry, this is a very important procedure, and should be done with doctors with good experience only
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor