Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Irritation on the scrotum skin due to hair removal cream - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Rash
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   i am Dr xxxxx here
User :   Used hair removal cream on scrotum. Now the scrotum skin is irritated and I had some skin breaks (only a small area) on one side. I tried to add moisturizer right after the shower, but it burned. What cream should I apply?
Doctor :   may i know your age please
User :   23
Doctor :   well first of all NEVER do that again , the scrotum skin is too sensitive for it
User :   now i know
Doctor :   apply some calamine lotion
Doctor :   it will sooth it
User :   so funny, its just on one side but not the other
Doctor :   and keep on was washing it with plain water
User :   makes sense to shower this area with cold water as a cooling effect?
Doctor :   yes you can do that
User :   just apply this lotion? daily? or every hour?
Doctor :   every 3 hours
Doctor :   it will give you relief
User :   ok, if its not improving?
User :   what would be the next step?
Doctor :   then you need to go to a dermatologist
User :   ok, thanks!
Doctor :   but it will subside
Doctor :   your welcoem
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor