Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Irritation in eye with bulging white area. What could be this? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 29-Sep-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
User:My wife has irritation in her left eye on the white area , yesterday she was rubbing her eyes and we noticed that the white area in the eye was bulging a bit . Can you advice what has to be done. is this an infection or just some due to dust . She has white substance that we get in the morning when we wake up in the left eyes which we are not able to remove even with water.
User:Hi dr. ,
User:i have a some red spots on my penis , noticed it last week after travelling
User:it was kind of a red patch and upon returning from travel i washed it
User:and not its more of spots
User:i was not itchy for a few days but today the penis head is itchy
User:jus worried
Doctor:Besides itching do you notice any other changes?
User:changes like ?
Doctor:Redness, swelling, eruptions, ulcerations or discharge?
Doctor:Are you sexually active?
User:im 30
Doctor:May I know who your partner was?
User:i was having evota MR , for muscle relaxation
User:am married
User:with my wife only we use condom though
User:is this serious?
Doctor:In such case, the itching may be related to less severe infection like fungus or due to allergic / irritant causes.
Doctor:I do not feel it is serious, at least based on what you describe.
Doctor:If the itching is not severe, you may just observe for a day or two.
Doctor:It should gradually disappear.
User:i did not have this before
User:but y the red spots
Doctor:Alternatively you can use candid b cream if there is severe itching.
Doctor:This one should take care of the problem.
User:should i consult some specialist incase there is severe itching
Doctor:Red spots and itching can occur due to allergies; irritation from condom or rough sexual intercourse or due to fungal infection.
Doctor:You will need a dermatologist examination if you develop severe itching with physical changes such as increased redness, discharge, burning pain and so on.
Doctor:Else I expect you to be better very soon.
Doctor:Have you followed what I suggested?
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:ok , the candid b cream should be applied on the penal head
User:when its dry
User:and how many times to apply
Doctor:You can use it twice a day.
Doctor:Do not apply any other products on it atleast not without discussing with a doctor.
User:is there any side effects
Doctor:There are few allergy related side effects. you may test the application on a small area of skin
Doctor:before applying it on the affected regions.
User:ok ,
Doctor:The side effects if any will disappear in a few days.
User:will these infections stop if i go for circumcision
Doctor:You can use this cream for short duration of time, say 7-10 days (if needed).
Doctor:Circumcision has no significant role in controlling fungal infections.
Doctor:Moreover, the symptoms may not entirely be due to infection alone.
Doctor:A rough sexual intercourse too can lead to similar symptoms.
Doctor:Contact allergy can also produce like wise symptoms.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any other question?
User:Kindly advice me on washing the penis head , should i use soap or only some XXXXXXX warm water while bathing will be enough
Doctor:Do not use soap or any other cosmetic washing products.
Doctor:Simple XXXXXXX warm water is sufficient.
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:none thank you for your time.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor