Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Irritation in ear and used candid drops. Still having itching regularly. Suggest the cure? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 07-Nov-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2572 Questions
User:Hi Doctor
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I am XXXX
User:Doctor In recent past i caht with one doctor
User:reg I am getting iritaion in ear
User:and used candid drops
User:3 times for 3days
User:but still I am getting itching
User:i am getting iching regularly
User:in ears
User:daily I clean with ear buds
Doctor:Yes, I am here.
User:can you help me on this
Doctor:Please proceed. What other symptoms do you have?
Doctor:Are you there?
User:just itching i have in
Doctor:Since when are you having this itching?
User:its comming regularly
Doctor:Do you have ear pain, discharge or hearing problems associated with itching?
Doctor:Is the itching present throughout the day or is it intermittent episode?
Doctor:May I know your age?
User:its intermittent
Doctor:Do you have history of diabetes?
User:sry my father has diabetis
User:is this due to diabetis
Doctor:it doesn't imply diabetes.
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:As the previous doctor suggested itching in the ear may be due to fungal infection.
Doctor:If it is indeed a fungus,
Doctor:then it is unlikely that you will improve only with 3 days of candid ear drops.
Doctor:you will need to wait for atleast 7-10 days to see any improvement.
Doctor:However besides fungal infection
User:yes doctor it is already 2 weeks
Doctor:this itching may also be related to allergy or irritation due to constant ear bud usage.
Doctor:Therefore I suggest you to continue the ear drops for a week more.
Doctor:Avoid probling your ear further with ear buds.
Doctor:Keep the area clean and dry.
Doctor:If the itching worsens or continues to persist despite a week of candid ear drops
Doctor:you can consider visiting an ENT surgeon
Doctor:It seems you have moved out of the chat window.
Doctor:Please login again if you have any medical query.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor