Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods,Causes for Infertility - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infertility Problem
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hi , I am 29 yrs old lady. since past 2 years)approx) my preiods are irregular. I am married for 3.5 years and now desperate to conceive. but evenry month my periods cycle increases and now it has been more than 2 months. Last period i had was on 25th Feb 2010. I wnet toa doctor but instead of suggesting me how to regularize my period she asked me to do salphinogram test. Me an dmy huband bith are working and as it is our sexual rate is very low. Now if i have regular period I wud know my fertile days and we can have intercourse on those days. pls advice
Doctor :   Let me read your query
User :   ok
Doctor :   How many years are you married?
User :   3.5 years
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   Since when are you trying to conceive?
User :   almost 1.5 years to 2 years
Doctor :   Ok
User :   Now our rate of having intercourse is low.. and its really fristrating to expect evrymonth
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and when cycle increases there is a hope that I am preg and when i take preg test itis negative
Doctor :   How many times do you have sexual intercourse ?
User :   well.. in bettween we were having twice a week.. at time sthrice but now it has reduced to once a week
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and it is more because of our schedule and frustration .. I want to know my fertile days so that wecan try in those days
Doctor :   HSG salphinogram
Doctor :   HSG test(hysterosalpingogram test) is needed to rule out any anomalies in the reproductive tract.
Doctor :   also few other tests are necessary to see why you are having irregular cycles
User :   I did sonosalphinogram to chk it tubes are clear and they r clear
Doctor :   and is ovulation is occuring
Doctor :   ok. that is good.
Doctor :   was hormonal analysis done?
User :   it is diff test or sumthing?
User :   i got only this done
Doctor :   it is to check if any hormonal abnormality is there which could be responsible for irregular cycles.
Doctor :   does your husband smoke? or consume alcohol?
User :   no that has not been done
User :   no he doesnt smoke or take alcohol
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but he eats pan masala
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Does that have tobacco?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Chewing tobacco can affect the quality of the sperm
Doctor :   What all test have you done?
User :   no other test has been done
User :   we were hopefull that we will conceive soon
User :   but now it is testing my patience
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and my periods cycle is n=increasing day by day n this time it is more than 2 months
Doctor :   You have be patient
Doctor :   First we have to find the cause for that
User :   yes.. what test shall be done to find teh cause of irregular cycle?
Doctor :   Causes for menstrual
Doctor :   1) Stress
Doctor :   2)Weight gain
Doctor :   3) Weight loss
User :   I have put on weight..
Doctor :   4)Pelvic infection
Doctor :   )5Uterine polyps (type of Uterus conditions
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Give me you height and weight
User :   I am 68 kgs - height 165 cms
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   But your weight is normal for you height
User :   ya but i have put on 10 kgs in 3 years..
User :   and past 2 years my periods are irregular
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there any specific reason for you to put on weight?
User :   life style
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I am a software prossional
Doctor :   Ok
User :   so not mucho f physcial activity
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   It could also be the reason
Doctor :   for menstrual irregularities
User :   hmmm
User :   so what should i do to regularize it.
Doctor :   Are in a stressed work?
Doctor :   'you.
User :   i kow i have toloose weight but thats a slwo process... and i want it to regularize in next 2-3 months
User :   no stress as such
Doctor :   Ok
User :   except getting preg
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Your husband weight and height
User :   oh he is obese
User :   height is 174 and weight 110
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   He is very obese
User :   yes:(
Doctor :   He needs to reduce at least 20 kgs
Doctor :   I would suggest both of you consult your gynecologist
Doctor :   And get few test done
User :   ok
User :   what kind of tests?
Doctor :   For you
Doctor :   Ultrasound test
Doctor :   Routine blood examination
Doctor :   Hormone analysis
Doctor :   For your husband
Doctor :   routine blood examination
Doctor :   Semen analysis
Doctor :   You can consult your gynecologist, she will take you forward
User :   ok

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor