Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods and chances of conceiving - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Getting Pregnant
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   My Problem is right from the beginning i have a irregular periods( 45 to 60 days).I consulted a Doctor who suggested me to take some tablets like Letroz, Caberlin, Glycomel and Naturogest. From these tablets the periods will be regular and also i can conceive so they have suggested me this. I have did all the test like thyroid, blood test, Prolactin every thing is normal. Even my husband Semens test is also normal. If i discontinue these tablets again my periods are irregular. The bleeding is also less if i take these tablets. We are trying for a baby now. So these tablets will be helpfull or else we have to change it. Is there any thing permanent solution for irregular periods. As we are planning for baby please help us out.
Doctor :   Did you get an ultrasound pelvis done?
User :   i did scanning also but no prob
Doctor :   OK
User :   so any solution
Doctor :   You need further evaluation like a Follicular study to find out whether you are ovulating or not.
User :   that also i did the egg is releasing on 16th day every thing is normal
User :   is these tablets are helpfull to me
Doctor :   Did you test for compatibility with your husband's semen for Anti-sperm antibodies?
User :   or else do i need to consult other doctor
User :   no
User :   his count rate is 46
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I am not talking about the count rate, this is a different test when you have antibodies in you that kill sperms.
User :   can u plz tell me any medicine to increase his count
User :   no
User :   k what is the test name
Doctor :   I guess that the medicines are producing a normal ovulation in you
Doctor :   You need not change them but you need to discuss with your Gynaec regarding,

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor