Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods and abnormal PAP smear - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
User :   hello. How r u?
User :   Yes. I have a really big problem.
Doctor :  
i am fine?
Doctor :  
Tell me your concern?
User :   I have irregular periods and have been getting them for years.
Doctor :  
User :   However, recently, I have went to a gyn
User :   and upon getting a pap smear done
Doctor :  
User :   he told me that it came back abnormal
Doctor :  
what was the report.
User :   however, when he did this, i had my period even then
User :   anyway, he told me it is high grade
Doctor :   ok
User :   then he did a biopsy and coloscopy
Doctor :  
any further investigation done?
Doctor :  
User :   he said for some reason that he was unabble to see anything
Doctor :  
whats the report?
User :   i guess because my period was too heavy
Doctor :  
User :   he gave me progesteron to slow my eriod down
User :   then he took another biopsy
User :   like 2 weeks later
Doctor :   ok

User :   he said for some reason, everything looked normal
Doctor :   ok
User :   however, he does not understand because the pap came out high grade
Doctor :  
do you have pain during periods
User :   now, he took me off the progesteron because it was no longer working anymore and put me on birth control to stop my period
User :   yes
User :   this is the problem
Doctor :   ok
User :   it is not excruciating
Doctor :  
scanning was done?

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor