Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Irregular menstruation, Vaginal infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page.
Doctor :   HI
Doctor :   Ho\w can I help you
User :   My period has been inregular for couple months and when it does come on which isnt every month its heavy and then some times blood cloggs comes out
User :   I am 22 and never had sex..I am a lesbian
User :   I went to a doctor about 6 mon. ago and they told me to try birth control to control the bleeding and things but i didnt...should I.
Doctor :   you need to see the gynecologist at the
earliest since the menstrual blood should not clot and if it is then it is due to the bleeding blood vessel and tjhat shall need medical
Doctor :   attention soon
Doctor :   IT shall need not alone the medical attention
User :   its been going on now for maybe 5 mons.the cloggs and the inregular cycle for years
Doctor :   but the Dilatation and curettage and that shall need to be done
Doctor :   based on the findings it shall need the further management
User :   alright and i keep getting little knots on my vagina area...where the hair is
User :   and skin and the buttocks are
User :   area i mean
User :   is it a disease or infection
Doctor :   are hey seen above or underneath the skin
Doctor :   they
Doctor :   Hi
User :   above
User :   the skin
User :   hello
Doctor :   No, it is an inflammation of the sweat glands there.
User :   whats that
User :   and what can i do about it
Doctor :   There are sweat glands in the skin they sometimes get inflamed leading to the knots.
User :   how did i get that and how do i fix it
Doctor :   There is nothing necessary as they heal spontaneously.
User :   can it kill you
Doctor :   Maintain good hygiene and regularly clean the area
Doctor :   No
User :   and they itch and sometimes if i scratch to hard they bleed
Doctor :   Is there any vaginal discharge?
User :   yes
User :   i think how can i tell
User :   it seems so wet there at times
User :   like sweat
Doctor :   I suggest that you dont scratch them, if they are very itchy then apply some Calamine lotion on them.
User :   alright
User :   i thought about vagisil
Doctor :   Is there any foul smelling vaginal discharge?
User :   or something
User :   yes
Doctor :   Calamine lotion will do
User :   their is
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Then I suggest that you get yourself checked up with a ynaec
Doctor :   as it could be a vaginal infection
User :   with a what
Doctor :   And if there is infection it needs to be treated.
User :   alright
Doctor :   Gynaec
User :   i mean when i have sex my patner doesnt get those

Doctor :   It is probably not infectious but
Doctor :   better get it checked
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor