Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Invitro fertilization and embryo transfer possibility - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infertility Problem
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 675 Questions
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   Hello
User :   this query is regarding myself and my wife...we are planning to start a family
Doctor :   Ok,
User :   married for 1 year now with healthy relationship
Doctor :   ok,
User :   we have been consulting various gyne docs in delhi to start a family
User :   and got all basic tests done for both
User :   everything is okay...
Doctor :   ok,
User :   we both have a desire of having twins
User :   in medical science is it possible to get twins by some methods ?
Doctor :   yes, but they will be non identical twins
User :   which means ?
Doctor :   its by IVF ET ( invitro fertilization and Embryo Transfer )
Doctor :   where the two ovums ( eggs ) will be extracted from the female partner and fused with the sperms of the husband separately and transferred at different times to the uterus
Doctor :   this is rarely practiced in India
User :   ok
User :   and what the probability of success rate ?
Doctor :   about 30 t0 40 %
Doctor :   also depends on the labs doing that
User :   actually, can I ask a very stupid question
User :   sometimes I go thru lot of stress and there are different situations when we both are not able to do intercourse during right time
User :   Is it simply possible that we go to a doctor..I just give my semen and it get injected to my wife to make her pregnent ?
User :   forget about twins as of now
Doctor :   yes, its very possible and its called Artificial insemenation
Doctor :   and its practiced more in India
User :   good
User :   now can you suggest some good hospital/doc in delhi wherein we can get this done ?
Doctor :   yes, please wait a minute while i get you the name
User :   thx
User :   should I check names on this link ?
Doctor :   yes, both are wellknown ones for the same
User :   ok, thx
Doctor :   The IVF Et is also practiced there
User :   now such artifical insemeneation do not have any side effects or negative impact on child..correct ?
Doctor :   not at al
Doctor :   its just insemenating ( injecting the semen into the uterus ) and its very simple with good success rates
User :   now if I go back to twins questions
Doctor :   you can ask for it in those centers
Doctor :   and there are complications associated with IVF ET for twins
Doctor :   most of times one grows well and other dont then both have to be removed
Doctor :   hence it very rarely practiced in India
User :   my wife has a family history of twins
User :   can we still try ?
Doctor :   ok, then you can try naturally
User :   ok
User :   can you refer any medicine for me to be more fertile ?
User :   our doc gave me COQ
Doctor :   may i know the name in detail ?
User :   dont have it now
User :   are there any medicine to have more sperm motality and quality ?
Doctor :   yes , there are but not much effective and need written prescription for the same
User :   ok, thx
Doctor :   But foods or protein powders with selenium and zinc will help to get a good sperm count
Doctor :   Are you there ?
User :   yes
User :   no more questions...thx alot for your advise
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   take care
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor