Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Investigation on inability to conceive - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infertility Problem
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
User :   Sir, My wife wants to conceive and we are not taking any precautions. Recently we went to one doctor and we are not satisfied with the way she treated. Can you help me to know the best gynecologist in bangalore. We want to be parents soon.
Doctor :   HI
User :   Hi Sir
Doctor :   THIS IS DR xxxxxxxxxxxx HERE
Doctor :   TO go ahead, with your query ?
Doctor :   I need to know a few details
User :   sure sir
Doctor :   no of married years
Doctor :   any investigations done
User :   1 year 5 months . I am out of india for 51/2 months
Doctor :   ok
User :   yes we have some scanning, blood and urine reports
User :   serum test also done for me
Doctor :   So were u out of India, initially or later on?
Doctor :   u mean to say semen analysis
User :   5 months after marriage
Doctor :   So were the reports normal
User :   yes
Doctor :   May i know the age of both u and your wife
User :   motility : 70%
User :   mine is 28 and my wife is 26
Doctor :   OK
User :   Forward Motile Sperms is : 62%
Doctor :   any medications either of you were put on?
User :   in my wife scanning report, they have mentioned "POLYCYCTIC OVARIAN DISEASE"
Doctor :   ok
User :   1MONTH back we were consulted one doctor, she had given some medicines
Doctor :   so were her periods regular ? Or she is on any meds for PCOD ?
User :   she is having irregular periods
Doctor :   CAN YOU please let me know when was the ultrasound done (date)
User :   she is not having any medicines for that
Doctor :   I understand.
User :   7/7/10
Doctor :   just 2 months back
Doctor :   ok
User :   urine reort was done on 11/08/10
User :   yes
User :   semen analysis done on 27/07/2010
Doctor :   to advise you, please note - PCOD - causes anovulation ( no production of eggs) so there will not be any fertilisation
Doctor :   hence the cycles will be irregular
User :   then please let me know what I need to do
Doctor :   so you can expect fertility, only when her cycles are regular
Doctor :   this can be done, when th cycles can be regularised by medicines
User :   so what is the best way to proceed, whom to consult ?
Doctor :   since your direct question was to find a good gynecologist, you may have known about the bangalore fertility clinic , near city market area
Doctor :   give me a minute, while i give you some of the good gynecologists for you
User :   you know any one near indranagar (in or around)
User :   sure
Doctor :   may i know which locality you want a doctor in?
User :   Indranagar or kormanagala or BTM or MADIVALA or Jayanagar or JPnagar
Doctor :   ok
User :   sorry to ask like this , How she takes care of patients ?
Doctor :   she has had good reviews from patients , so far.
Doctor :   I understand your concern
Doctor :   But i would also suggest you, Dr SHARMA, in gynae dept in MARTHAS hospital as well
User :   ok...ours is a major problem ? she will conceive ? how much time with will take time to irregularize her periods
Doctor :   yes, she will definitely concieve
Doctor :   but it will take some time
Doctor :   please do not hurry, as you are recently married, and there is still a lot oif time
User :   ok..thanks. is there any problem with my semen count ?
Doctor :   no as such, your semen analysis , appears to be normal
User :   regarding the disease mention in ultrasound ?
Doctor :   for an extensive list of doctors, you can search for doctors on our homepage as well
Doctor :   PCOD - right
User :   ohh..ok
Doctor :   also, you can find doctors in the yellow pages, and on the internet as well
User :   I dont know about PCOD, however they mention both ovaries show multiple cystic areas
Doctor :   But, try Marthas hospital, near city market as well
User :   and "polycystic overian disease"
User :   ok sir
Doctor :   the description, just gives me the idea, that she has PCOD - polyscystic ovarain disordr
Doctor :   here, excess testosterone is produced, which causes irregular periods, & no egg production during the period
Doctor :   patience and time, will give you good results
User :   Thanks a lot.
Doctor :   as such, PCOD is treatable,
User :   ok..thanks a lot for your information.
Doctor :   with oral contraceptives, which regularise the cycles and bring on regular periods
Doctor :   there are modern methods to help u aswell
Doctor :   so do not despair
User :   ok..thanku sir
User :   ny more information you would like to give
User :   ?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor